News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Question about Configuration problem following Migration from jD1.9

Started by Yolanda, 17.07.2018 10:40:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Yolanda

I have upgraded from V1.9 to latest version.

Configuration has not been copied in the upgrade and I now find it impossible to set the upload path and all the other settings.

On the old version I specified the upload directory as "downloads" which is at the root Joomla level with the right 755 permissions. Its set up exactly the same on the new version but when I save the configuration the entry is blanked after clicking on the Download tab.

What am I supposed to put as the upload directory? Is it the full path starting with /home ? Why does saving the configuration not save anything?

I don't know why the upgrade didn't just copy the previous configuration setup.
EDIT: more meaningful Title
  •  

ColinM

HiIt is not just a case of copying over the files and directories as the database is the key part.Did you use the Documentation to do the change from 1.9 series to 3.2 series? See
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/how-to-upgrade-jdownloads-component-from-1-9-x-to-latest-3-x-version
There were many changes between jD 1.9 and 3.2 mainly due to the essential need to conform with the Joomla! ACL. And the database was much revised.

Have you looked at the jD configuration? The Downloads tab shows the location of the Category and Downloads base.  It has the same form as you find in the Joomla! Global Configuration - System Settings -field 'path to the log file'. where the default name 'jdownloads' is in place of 'log'.
In your jD 1.9 site did you make use of Descriptions preview images or the like?  If you did not then one can restore say 400 files and the relevant directories at a time in a simple manner.Please let us know and we can help.Colin
Colin M
  •