News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

1)using passwords - 2)multiple files download

Started by tramanh, 17.07.2018 10:26:56

Previous topic - Next topic

tramanh

Hi, I'm new to JD 3.2 and I have a few questions:

1) There's reference in the documentation to the ability to have a user type in a password.   How is that configured?, and can it be configured with the license acknowledge and recaptcha functions?

2) Does jdownloads allow a user to select multiple files and then click a download button?
-  If so, what is the sequence of configuration to make that happen?  (I read the documentation but it wasn't clear and any attempts I've tried have not rendered it for me).

I've used 2.5 direct downloads for several years for a non-profit singing group.  Very useful functionality.  Best on the extension directory.

Thanks for your help.
EDIT:  It would help us and other users if you could use a more meaningful title please - so I changed it Colin
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Passwords.  To have these you need to go to User Groups Settings - Group Creation/Editing tab.  There you can set which questions are or are not asked for users enabled to create or Edit Downloads from the Front End.  This includes the making it mandatory for the create to set a password.  Similarly you can set a password on a Download from the Backend in the Additional Data tab when editing or creating a Download.Because of your second qwery there is a caveat that the password does not apply whem 'mass' downloads are active.
Mass Downloads.  This is controlled by which Files Layout you have active.  Typically the name of the Files layout would include the words "with Checkboxes" egStandard Files Layout with Checkboxes v3.2In this case jD creates a zip file of the selected Downloads so in the end it is just one physical Download.
There is of course no reason why one cannot create a combined zip onesself
Colin
Colin M
  •