News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Each Download has own ACL

Started by thanhxuan032, 16.07.2018 10:55:39

Previous topic - Next topic

thanhxuan032

Hi,
I have just updated and I have setup everything in the ACL for categorys, but every download has its own ACL, is there any way to bulk the individual files permissions, as they are all set to not allowed. and no one can download anything unless I goto the backend to the file and change it manually,
I have over 5000 files on the site, to do this for each one will be a nightmare. Please help

EDIT:  Please always use a meaningful topic title
  •  

ColinM

HiNote:
Responding to this query has been a bit delayed as the title was not a specific - I always check the "Need Help" type of queries last!!
If you have set the ACL up in a Category then the permissions will cascade down to all the sub categories and all of the Downloads in that Category 'tree'.
Quite often it is only necessary to set the ACL permissions in the top level Categories.One thing to remeber however is never to use the Deny permission as it has side effects that you may not expect!Please see the Documentation for mor detailshttp://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/category/access-controls-and-user-group-permissionsColinPS if you would like me to check your site over then please send me a PM with super user details (click on whitish square with a tail near my name)
Colin M
  •