News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Dropboxlink funktioniert nicht mehr [Not a Bug}

Started by TomTau, 10.07.2018 12:25:32

Previous topic - Next topic

TomTau

Hallo,

da mein Englisch so schlecht ist und einiges erklärt werden muss, diesen Eintrag in Deutsch.
Ich hoffe, das ist okay...

Ich nutze jDownloads seit vielen Jahren und lasse darüber per "Externem Dateilink" Dropbox-PDF-Dateien anzeigen bzw. herunterladen.
Lief bis vor ca. 2 Wochen einwandfrei.
Eingebunden wird das mit der Endung "Raw=1", weil damit ein direkter Download möglich ist.
Hier ein funktionierender Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pswgc0r9opzc4vt/beispiel-komponist.pdf?raw=1

Ich kann nicht sagen, ob es an der letzten Joomla-Aktualisierung liegt (3.8.10) oder an der Aktualisierung von jDownloads (3.2.61), die zeitgleich durchgeführt wurde.

Hier ein Beispiel:
Auf meiner Seite
https://tauber-leipzig.de/gewandhausorchester/category/7-cd-dvd-kataloge.html
gibt es 4 PDF-Dateien zum Herunterladen, unter anderem die "Beispiel-Komponist"-PDF (letzter Eintrag).
Hinterlegt (Externer Dateilink) ist obiger Link.
Mit Chrome + Windows 10 funktioniert das Ganze!
Nehme ich Edge oder Safari per iOS (iPhone + iPad getestet), wird die Seite nicht geladen.

Was noch verwunderlicher ist:
In meiner Testumgebung habe ich gerade jDownloads 3.2.62 installiert.
Jetzt geht es auch mit Chrome nicht mehr.
Es erscheint: "Fehler beim Laden des PDF-Dokuments" und der Button "Neu laden", der aber nicht weiterhilft...

Ich denke, hier liegt ein Bug vor, oder habt Ihr eine andere Idee?

Viele Grüße!
TomTau
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Used link
https://tauber-leipzig.de/gewandhausorchester/category/7-cd-dvd-kataloge.html

Tried three browsers
Firefox,  Edge and Chrome - all are latest versions

With Firefox there were message about the files see pics
Edge just got stuck after a short while
Chrome was able to show and download

I am a bit suspicious about "Beispielseite CD/DVD-Katalog (alphabetisch)" as it only has one sheet ( Alpha index B with sheet 2 only) so I suspect that file is really corrupt

I opted to Download with Firefox rather than open directly it created a file Diskografie-Komponist.pdf_raw=1 but left it empty

Chrome was able to download and created same type of file

It would seem that the file extension is being treated as pdf_raw=1
Your direct download link is
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pswgc0r9opzc4vt/beispiel-komponist.pdf?raw=1

So it might be that the ? is being replaced by the _ character.

Could you please just try as one of the allowed extensions
Colin
PS I used Google translate
Colin M
  •  

TomTau

Hello,

no, the file isn't corrupt.
This is an example-pdf with only one sheet.

You are right: ? will _
This is the reason.

But this should not be...

Greetings!
Tom
  •  

ColinM

Tom

Could you please let me know all  the setting in jD Config - Files and Folders tab.  Sustituting characters might be happening due to settings in that location. 
Also do you know the collation used in your database tables as things are moving towards utf8mb4_general_ci
Colin
Colin M
  •  

TomTau

Hello,

the Files and Folders tab - settings and the database-tables . settings are in the picture-attachment.

But I haven't changed anything since 3.2.59...

Greetings!
Tom

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi

I am looking at potential ares that may cause the 'challenge' as there are sometimes unexpected side effects.
You have set the "Use above Settings also for Auto Monitoring" to No ( it is the last parameter onthe Files and Folders tab. If you have used Automonitoring to create Downloads then the what happens is as the text in italics below.  Thus the '?' might be changed to a '_'.  There have been recent changes/corrections in the automonitoring.So could you set the field to Yes and try another creating another Download please.
Colin
extractWhen Yes, the settings above are also used in the auto monitoring function whether is is activated automatically, manually or periodically. When No, the auto monitoring function always uses the Option: 'Remove/Change special characters in name', no matter whether it is activated or not. The Folder - or Filename then contains only the following characters after checking: a-zA-Z0-9 ._-
Recommended Setting: Yes
Colin M
  •  

TomTau

Hello,

the Auto-Monitoring is off, see the attachment...

Regards!
Tom

•  

TomTau

For a test:
Can I get the old version 3.2.59?

Greetings!
Tom
  •  

Arno

Here is it.
Habe dir auch eine PM geschickt.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

TomTau

Thank you, but I can't downgrade...

Greetings!
Tom
  •  

ColinM

Hi
First another thought.  Have you tried creating a new Download with the latest jD and Joomla! versions to see if that works?
When jD is uninstalled one has the option to retain the jD data, images etc and the data base.

To go back  a version or so is best done on a test site first to check it works ok.  There can be no guarentees all will be well especially if there have been database structural changes!
Of course in any event you should do a full backup - I use Akeeba.
If you cannot get a test site then I suggest you contact Arno by PM.
If you do have a test site then Uninstall all of the jD plugins, modules and the Component itself selecting to retain all the jD information on the site.  Then you can install the older version.  It will probably ask for the install to be repeated using the same install procedure.
I would not do this untested on a working site.Colin

Colin M
  •  

TomTau

I have a test side and uninstalled jD and new installed the 3.2.59.

the same problem:

? will be _

Greetings!
Tom
  •  

ColinM

Hmm!

I am trying to create a Dropbox that anyone can share files to reproduce the problem.
No success yet!
Colin
Colin M
  •  

TomTau

•  

ColinM

TomJust an update on progress.
I have set up a Dropbox and allowed anybody who can view to download.Checked out downloading from Dropbox with direct link and with a trailing sequence of either ?dl=1 or ?raw=1 the the download occured.Using  ?dl=1 posed question of 'do  you wish to view or download'. Using ?raw=1 showed the file directly.S I have concluded my Dropbox was set up OK.
So I used these in jD on my test site
Initially when using my Dropbox files with the trailing sequence ?dl=1 or ?raw=1 in jD
I got the message:  "Notice  You do not have permission to download the requested file.  Contact the website operator if you are sure that this is incorrect."
I then modified some code to prevent the message and the downloading occured!  The file when downloaded still has an extension of "pdf_raw=1" or "pdf_dl=1" rather than just ".pdf"
I am looking into this furtherColin
Colin M
  •