News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

"Unauthorized access to downloads" -[Solved - not jD Problem]

Started by pvdb, 06.07.2018 10:54:19

Previous topic - Next topic

pvdb

I did not change anything in JDownloads and since some time now people get the message "Unauthorized access to downloads"  when trying to download somehting. HELP! What is going wrong here?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I think you have changed some user Permissions.  But I would need more information to help further.

If you could give some specificexamples that might help resolve - pics also help.
If you send me superuser login details by Private Message as well as the above examples then I will take a lookColin
Colin M
  •  

pvdb

As said I haven't changed anything but updating Joomla to 3.8.10.

Try to download http://gashunters.com/mforyou/demo-reels/summary/11-mp3-128/127-twoomusic-gashunters-singles-demo-reel. Ftr, I'm using jDownloads Version 3.2.61.
  •  

pvdb

See attachment for current jDwonloads permissions

Meanwhile I've checked IP blocking and Active Hotlink protection. No result.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi

Have you set any Download Permission to Deny?  I can see the 'challenge' and it looks to be quite wide.However I cannot reproduce you problem and we have had no permissions or acces or similar problems reported with Joomla! 3.8.10 and jD 3.2.61

Will send you a PM so you can reply you a PM so you can easily reply with info.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have isolated the problem!
There is a 'challenge' with the use of Captcha.  This was set to be used in the User Groups Settings - Group Settings tab.  When I turned it off (no Captcha) all was well.
Colin
Colin M
  •