News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Can Download Title be set automatically

Started by quynhsmile754, 25.07.2018 09:38:25

Previous topic - Next topic

quynhsmile754

This is mainly a question...

Is it possible to remove the 'Download Title' field when uploading a file, and having the Download Title automatically set by whatever the filename of the file is that's being uploaded?
Or, to have the input field disabled (and validation turned off), and then have it to autocomplete the filename of the file being uploaded?

Many thanks!

EDIT: Please, Please always use a meaningful title as that helps others.  Also I leave answering those that say  'please help' or similar until I have done any other query which does not just ask help to the end. If I am busy then that could cause an delay in responding.
In this instance I have changed the title.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
From the Front End reget answer is No.  There is in principle no link between the title of the Download and the the downloadable file associated with the Download.  This is inpart historic.
However if you use say ftp  such as FileZilla to upload the file into the correc directory (Category) and the manually run a"Check Download" from the control panel then the file nane will be used as the title!  This is only really useful if doing several files

I have moved this post to Suggestions
Colin
Colin M
  •