News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

how to select questions when user uploads

Started by anhnn1234, 28.06.2018 08:25:01

Previous topic - Next topic

anhnn1234

I have googled and search here, probably me typing the wrong search words.
I am trying to find a way to have a very simplified upload form, that has few fields editable, others like category must not be select-able but 'fixed'. I have created some custom fields which I have managed to get to appear on upload form; but would like these to be on a non tabbed form.
Is
this possible, using latest joomla and jdownloads on intranet site. Hoopefully the above makes sense, sorry for the single paragraph as this edit windows is not allowing my return key... Thanks in advance idc.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
What you seek is quite possible.

You can select which questions are asked in tje Users Groups Settings for each 'uploader' User Group.  Please seehttp://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/introduction-to-user-group-settingshttp://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/which-user-group-is-used
Preselecting the Category is also possible.  In the Create Download Menu type there is an option to Preselect the Category
Colin

PS When you ask a question in the FORUM please, Please do not ask for help as the title!! Use something that is rerlated to the actual  problem. For example "how to select questions when user uploads"PPSYes it is an annoying bit of the Forum posts - but if you type a bit including a new line then clck on the [k] icon at right hand endPPPS I have changed the topic title

Colin M
  •