News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Help! SEO problems with JDownloads and Joomla 3.8.8

Started by davidgal, 15.06.2018 13:42:33

Previous topic - Next topic

davidgal

Hi,
After performing an online update to 3.2.61 and updating Joomla to 3.8.8,  SEO problems occur with the secondary language on a dual language site. The primary language is OK.

The specific problem occurs when selecting a category view in the second language. The link brings up a totally unrelated part of the site. With SEO turned off there are no problems.

Before the update there were no problems. Joomla! version is the latest.

Any help will be appreciated,
Thanks David
  •  

davidgal

More info.

The content that is displayed after clicking the requested Jdownload Category is the Joomla Article with the same ID number as the Jdownload's category.
  •  

davidgal

MORE INFO:

The problem appears to be related to Joomla 3.8.8. I reverted back to the previous JDownlods and the problem still exists.

In a site with two languages (en and fr, with en being the default) the following problem occurred after upgrading Joomla! to ver 3.8.8:

When French is selected, selecting a download category from the page with the list of categories loads a content article with the article ID that corresponds with the requested Jdownloads' category. The URL appears to be perfectly formed

<host>/fr/downloads/category/5-xygrib-releases-fr

i.e component - category - id and alias all are ok.

On the other hand with the primary language set to en, the resulting URL

<host>/en/downloads/category/2-xygrib-releases
loads the Jdownloads category as requested. The problem only occurs with the second language on all requests for a category from the categories list.

JDowloads is the current version 3.2.61
PHP is 7.0.30

Help to resolve this is needed. Thanks.
  •  

Arno

Hi,
sorry for the delay.
Sounds strange. As it exist first since your update to Joomla 3.8.8 it could also be a pure Joomla problem?
I must first create a multilanguage test environment to can check this here.  :-\
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

davidgal

Hi Arno,

I agree. I may be a Joomla issue as it happened after upgrading both joomla and Jdownloads.

I have turned back on the "URL Friendly setting" so you can see what happens on the problematic site.
https://opengribs.org/en/downloads

The English downloads landing page is OK. Change to French and you can see that every download category requested goes to a different article page. A clue may be that the download category id matches the article id.

Let me know if I can help anymore.

David
  •