News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Show downloads to logged in users where jdownloader tags match user details

Started by Bonjamon, 13.06.2018 14:05:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonjamon

Hi. Jdownloader is fantastic, thank you. I want to show certain downloads to logged in users where the jdownloader tags of the downloads match details held against the user profile. Ideally this would be Joomla tags, but I understand Joomla tags dont work for users?? If that is the case I guess I could use User Custom Fields. I have worked out that setting up which downloads to show my logged in users via the Joomla ACL is going to be very cumbersome as I want to show certain documents only where multiple conditions are met, which Joomla ACL cant do. However, if I could assign a number of tags to Jdownloader downloads and then somehow set up (through the GUI or PHP for example) to only show these downloads where all the tags are found in the logged in users profile (either through custom fields or an extension to add tags to user profiles I guess) that would really help me out. Is this possible? Can you think of a way to achieve this? As an example, the document could be tagged A, B and the user tagged A, B, C and because the user has both A & B tags the download would be displayed. If the user only had tags A & C then they wouldnt see the download as they didnt have tag B. Make sense? Many thanks and please ask for any clarification.
  •  

Bonjamon

As an update, I am thinking of using the User Custom Fields to create a multi list where I could list all the tags to be associated with a user. Then to actually place the Jdownloads content plug in (http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/using-the-content-plugin-in-articles-and-modules) shortcode to insert the downloads in to a specific place in an article. I am envisioning something similar to {jd_file category==15,3,41,6 count==12} but instead of restricting to a category and count tell it to check the tags of the downloads against the Custom Field list for the logged in user. Will the shortcode do this? Iit would be good to expand the shortcode to also allow us to restrict to a category as well as this tag setup to allow even greater flexibility. I hope this helps explain where I am coming from.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Think I understand what you are trying to do.
If a Download has 'attributes' A and B then in order to download a user must have at least  'atribute' A and 'attribute' B.  Should the user only have 'atribute' A or only 'atribute' B or neither 'atribute' then they are unable to download.
This is not an easy selection process as a user may have many 'atributes'.  It would be necessary to selct which attributes are to be used in the search.   
I have just seen your update whilst replying so will look again

Incidentally jD does support Joomla! tags in both Categories and Downloads. Seehttp://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/tags-support-in-jdownloads
Presently Arno is working on a new major release that will support Joomla! FieldsColin
Colin M
  •  

Bonjamon

Hi Colin.
I look forward to your next reply. Your understanding sounds correct. I did look at the Tags within JD, but couldnt see that this would solve my issue in insolation. Especially given that Joomla doesnt support Tags at a user level. Also, I couldnt see that I can use the content plug in to stipulate we wanted to filter the downloads based on tag(s). Fingers crossed you can see a way of achieving a solution. Being able to stipulate something like {jd_file tags==any} or {jd_file tags==all} which would then tell JD to display downloads where ANY of the download tags match the tags (custom fields) of the user, or where ALL of the download tags match the tags (custom fields) of the user, would be perfect ! :-)
  •  

ColinM

Hi
As I said JD is not yet ready with Joomla! Custom Fields, Arno is working on a new major release.  With the jD 3.2 series we are only doing bug fixes and the like.You wrote
QuoteBeing able to stipulate something like {jd_file tags==any} or {jd_file tags==all} which would then tell JD to display downloads where ANY of the download tags match the tags (custom fields) of the user, or where ALL of the download tags match the tags (custom fields) of the user, would be perfect !
Something like this might be better done in a module rather than the content plugin. And perhaps allowing the user to specify things.  But it is earlydays! And no promises!! But as always we will endeavour to add flexibility.  I anticipate there will be a call for both suggestions and help in user testing.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Bonjamon

Many thanks for the reply Colin. The community loves JD and I hope others will comment on whether a link to the tags would be useful and it could get some development in this area.
  •