News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Requested download is protected by a password [solved not a jD Problem]

Started by RobertKza, 11.06.2018 22:03:40

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertKza

I am setting up JDownloads and have uploaded two pdf files (one as SuperUser and one as admin) that have no password security on the file.
I am sending the link by email  to these files using Acymailing.
When I click on the respective email link I get taken to the Download details and then click on the download button. I then get taken to the Summary page showing me which files are to be downloaded and get a box "The requested download is protected by a password". I have no idea what password is required and want in it's place a Captcha. HAve you any ideas ? Regards
  •  

RobertKza

I've found part of the solution. When creating a download from the file uploaded. part of the information to be provided is under the concertina tab 'Additional Data' which contains a password field. I found this field pre-populated. How do I make the default blank ?
Regards
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Strange that it is pre-populated - not seen that before! Basically just clear the field.
You can control what stages jD goes through when downloading see:
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/download-actions-direct-via-summary-page-or-via-download-details
For setting up Captcha see
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/using-captcha
Colin
Colin M
  •  

RobertKza

Thanks for confirming that I couldn't find a 'default' password :-)
I had another look and discovered that the issue lay with the Password Manager LastPass. As its default it looks at the url and sees a field called password and then puts in a password, not sure which one it took. Deep in LastPass settings is a checkbox 'disable autofill', tick it and then all OK !!
I'll follow up with your other tips, thanks for a good service
Regards
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thanks for your excellent input. 
I also use LastPass. A long time ago I had previously had trouble when handling the regular Joomla! in Manage Users with changing passwords.  So I had turned 'Disable Autofil' on. Sad to say it had not occurred to me that the same might happen with jD passwords.  Will try to remember it it comes up again.
Colin
Colin M
  •