News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Problem updating download area - [Solved]

Started by Bernd.vanasten, 07.06.2018 12:50:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernd.vanasten

Hi,

For some time now we are using Jdownloads and it is working great, but since a couple of weeks I have problems importing files from the download area.
If I push the "Check Download area now" in the Control Panel, the import starts, but as soon as a filename contains spaces or special characters, I get an error message: Error: Could not add download for: ...... (see attachment 1)
At this point, the import stops even though there is an alias for the file created and the file can be found in the database. (See Attachment 2)

When I use the auto monitor function, the import seems to continue even though it runs into same issues.
I have two directories containing about 40.000 files, so download directory monitoring is not an option (and also renaming the files).

Is there an option to continue the import by CronJob, even when it generates these errors? I tried installing the latest version, but that is not solving the problem.

regards,

Bernd van Asten

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

Arno

Hi Bernd,
please can you post here a pic from your jD configuration TAB Files and Folders ?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Bernd.vanasten

sure I can.
please see attached screenshot.

regards,

Bernd

•  

Arno

Thanks.
About the first pic above:
You get the error only for 'newly found files' for which exist not already a Download?
Did you try it with other settings?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Bernd.vanasten

I think I've tried all the combinations possible;
- changing the name to lowercase did not help
- replacing spaces with underscores did not help and is also not an option. at night files are copied to the download area by syncback. changing
   the spaces to underscores will result in a new copy of the file with the old name again.
- removing special characters will have the same result as above.

The strange thing is that the check will result in an error, but the file did end up in the database and can be downloaded from the portal without any problems.

regards,

Bernd
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Could you please try turning on use utf-8
There have been changes in that area
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Yes, Colin has right. Please try at first the utf-8 option.
When this not helped try the file scan.zip below. Copy the unzipped file over the original here /administrator/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/ 

Try then again to start manually the auto monitoring. I have changed the handling when this problem occurs. So you should only get a hint in the log about this. Please post here the results. Thanks.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Bernd.vanasten

This is GREAT!!!
this is exactly what I was looking for. a message is ok, but the scan should continue like it is in the new scan.php

Changing to UTF-8 did not work for me, because file names are changed with that option. this means that during the night, the original file will be copied again.

Thank you for the quick solution.

regards,

Bernd
  •  

Arno

Okay. Thanks for the update. So this modification is useful and shall also be a part from next version.  ;)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •