News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Help! When downloading file more than 1 time! AUP

Started by ibrahim, 31.05.2018 17:35:40

Previous topic - Next topic

ibrahim

Hello, I use Jdownload with AltaUSerPoints, all users can download 1 year free updates for purchased files.
The problem when there fewer points than first time purchased, its will show at there is no enough points. But if the user has same or higher points it's not counting for next downloads.

I hope anyone understands this bug.
See added screenshots

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

Arno

Hi.
Two things confused me:
- your bug(?) description
- your settings in the first pic (Number of Downloads = 0)
Please describe more in detail what really happens.  :-[

Please note that we have currently not a test environment with installed AltaUserPoints.
And please create not double posts. Thanks.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ibrahim

Hello, I use community builders, Jdownload, AltaUserPoints.

When the user has downloaded a file that cost 3 points when user downloading the same file again its shows (Sorry, you do not have enough balance) but if the same user git higher points than required its show:
Sorry, you do not have enough balance.

I tried to install new Joomla, and settings same documentation. I will PM with site details.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have just setup a test site withe AUP and checked it out OK.  Arno has forwarded me your details so I will look
Colin
Colin M
  •  

ibrahim

Thank you very much for the help, soon I will donate something to improve Jdownloads.
I have shut down my site until its fixed because users just getting complaining.  :-X
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have been investigating the relationship between the two AUP rules with points for downloading and the jD field 'Use Downloads price field for points?'Please see attached pdf.  In summary if you set field  'Use Downloads price field for points?' to yes it always uses the jD price field.
I do not think that it is feasible to have both rules operative.  I will add some notes to the documentation.
It is also unclear to me the meanings of the AUP  field 'Method'  I thought I knew but now I am unsure so I have posted on the AUP forumhttps://www.nordmograph.com/extensions/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=152&id=16883&Itemid=40but no answer yet.
On your site you have both rules published but the "User downloads a file" one has no  charge set.  You need to set 'Fixed points' to Yes then do a Save which will now show the Points field set to 0.00  PS I have now done that :)   But I do not think it will solve the problem.
Will look furtherColin

Colin M
  •  

ibrahim

ColinM thank you, and I must tell you saved my life, after turning active direct downloading then a user has downloaded a file he gonna have free downloading of updates.

Just one small thing: When the user hasn't enough points, he got a new window with Notice msg:
(Sorry, but you have not enough points to download this file.)

How to show the (Notice) on same window?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have just sent you a PM and was about to do more testing.
Are you saying all is well?
- apart from the message which I will look atColin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi,
I tested the message as in attached pic. For me it appears on same page.  So I think it is your template.
Will try on your site tomorrow
ColinWhhoops fogot the pic!! now added

Colin M
  •  

ibrahim

Hello ColinM, Thank you really for helping!  :)
For the new window, I have tested on default Joomla template (beez_20) still same when the user hasn't enough points he got a new window with notice.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The default front end templates for Joomla! 3 series are Protostar and Beez3.  My previuos tests were with Protostar.  When I switched to Beez3 it did the same as the Protostar template.Basically the Dowwnload Page is showing the Files layout. When you click on the Download button it replaces the Files layout with the Summary layout in the same place as the Files Layout.  That is it is in the same physical window or tab.  It is just the message and items in the view that are different.
Basically the Summary page is shown and either tells the user how many points the Download will cost or why they are unable to download.

If a physically different window or tab, that is a completely new window or tab, is created then that is specific to the browser and its setup being used.Hope that clears it up for you.  You can of couse create a new Summary layout that is less dull than the stanard one!!
Colin
Colin M
  •  

ibrahim

Dear ColinM, After testing on protostar template, I found at there is no Summary page before downloading, this because of sett yes on direct download to active.
also when there are not enough points, It's changing to a new window (tab) with showing the msg!!!! :-\

You can try to log in as user:
user: test2018
password: test2018

Thanks for helping us  :)
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I am finding your test site difficult to use!! It has no menu that I can find.  Do not know where to login.  etcColin
Colin M
  •  

ibrahim

yes, it was set on protostar, so now I changed to our default template. Please try to check it again.
  •