News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Download access issue

Started by Mila, 31.05.2018 05:20:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Mila

Hello,

I created a category with files inside, from 3 files only 1 file not showing download button (pic attached).
The access permissions are same.
(Joomla 3.6, Jdownload 3.2).
Please help with this issue.

Thanks

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I noticed that the first Download "MP-L21-01..." does not have edit permission as well as not having the Download button.
This suggests that some how that Download has incorrect Permissions.  Because it is showing then the Access is OK
Just for reference having Access allows a member of a User Group to 'see' the content, Permissions allow members of a User Group to 'do' something like edit, download and so on.  Originally Access was referred to as 'View Access' which I think made it clearer.
Have you set up Permissions on the top level categories? 
Have you setup any of your own User Groups?
There are several possibilities for the cause of the problem depending on the scheme you plan for Downloading. For example sometimes there are Downloads available to the Public and anther set only available to members of a specific User Group.
If yuo send me super user login details by PM (click on whitish square with a tail near my name) together with how you wish to organise who can Download then I will take a look and advise.You might also find the articles in the documentation sect below helpfulhttp://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/category/access-controls-and-user-group-permissions
If this is your first encouter with Joomla! permissions then they can be a little cofusing initially - It is a bit like trying to learn to ride a bicycle initially because that also seem 'challenging' but once learnt it is easy!!Colin

Colin M
  •  

bassi

Hello,
I have the permission problem too.  I checked Joomla registered permissions and I found download blocked.
I don't know why at moment.
Is it possible it's caused by the RS firewall?
Thank you in advance.
Vito
  •  

ColinM

Hi
When you say permission is not granted does it say Not Allowed (inherited) or Not Allowed (locked)?Colin
Colin M
  •