News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Error! Not possible to create the zip file. In version 3.2.60 - [Solved]

Started by Janvanderwurff, 08.05.2018 15:56:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Janvanderwurff

Hello,

I'm new at this forum.
The problem I have is this. When selecting more than 1 files in jDownloads I got this message.
I'm using jDownloads 3.2.60.
When I select 1 file there is no problem.
In earlier posts there was the same question but the answer was that this was fixed.

PHP version is 7.0.29
ZIP is enable

Do I do something wrong?

Thx. Jan

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have tried to reproduce this problem but it is all OK.  Which Files Layout are you using?
See pics below.
I am using PHP 7.0.24, jD 3.2.60 and Joomla! 3.8.7

So think it may well be worth contacting your web hosting service

Colin

Colin M
  •  

Janvanderwurff

Thx Colin so far.

I use Joomla 3.8.7, PHP 7.0.29, JD 3.2.60

I changed the files layout but nothing changes. Same error.

What do you think is wrong? Could be nice to know before I call my hosting service.

I tried it also on my test site (local with wamp). There everything was ok.

Jan.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
It requires one of the many zip file support libraries to create the actual zip file.  Will check with Arno which one
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Janvanderwurff

Hello Colin and Arno,

Because it worked in test (wamp) and not live, I looked further in the settings of jdownload.
What I noticed was that in the Configuration/Downloads area 4 directories where missing and therefore not writable.
* _uncategorised_files
* _preview_files
* _private_user_area
* _tempzipfiles

So I added these directories manually and change the settings to 775 (writable).
After reloading the component they showed up as writable.
Testing to create a zip file (multiple files) worked perfect.

So this post is fixed.

Thx very much for your comments so far.
  •  

Janvanderwurff

Maybe not completely solved.

Temporary files should be deleted from the _tempzipfiles directory in a certain time. Default is 20 mn.
But they are not been deleted!
What's going wrong?

Thx Jan

•  

Arno

The file is only deleted when a visitor try to download again a mass download and the summary is viewed. So the given minutes is only a minimum value.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •