News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Download limit not working

Started by Diego, 27.04.2018 16:38:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Diego

Good Morning!
I would like to thank you for the work you have done with this component. Is very good!
I have the component installed in Joomla 3.8.6, so that users (they are grouped as VIP users) can only download one file per day or four weekly, but even so they can download without any limit!
I have the jDownloads logging option activated.
In plugin System - jDownloads, the option "Maximum Download Log Data Sets is empty, no value in there.
What may be happening?
Thanks in advance!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
You might find the the article below is helpful.
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/view-limits

My initial thought is that you have not set the VIP User Group ranking level sufficiently high - I would suggest a level of say 123.

Also are you using the View Limit module as this will show you which User Group is applicable.  Examples of the View Limits dispay are shown in the above article.  I find it useful as it shows the user what limits they have before they attempt downloading.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Diego

Thanks Colin.
The problem was solved setting the VIP User Group ranking level sufficiently high (123).
Best regards.

Diego
  •  

Diego

Here I am again...

The problem has reappeared.

When I select "Miembros VIP" and then I click on the button "CHange COnfguration" an error appears, and it does not let me make changes in configuration.

Any suggestions please?

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I cannot reproduce this !
You can also just click on the name of the user group so please try that.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Diego

Quote from: ColinM on 11.05.2018 12:14:23
You can also just click on the name of the user group so please try that.
Colin

Hi Colin, I already did it, but the problem persists  :-\
I have configured it so that only two files can be downloaded per day, but there are members who can download more than two files ...
Look at the attachment please

Many thanks for your support Colin!

•  

ColinM

Hi
In the limits setup in User Groups Settings there is a field"Download Duration" which allows you to set the time in minutes where another download of the same file from the same user is not counted as a 'new' Download. This is to cover the case where the download may have been interupted or failed for some reason. The default value is 60 minutes.

If you want to test then select different Downloads, and set the time limit lower.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Diego

Thank you ColinM but that is not the problem.
Limitations sometimes work, sometimes not.
It's as if the log sometimes works and sometimes not.
Maybe this is a bug?
I really appreciate your help!  :-[

Diego
  •  

Arno

Can it be that you try to set limits for the public user group?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Diego

Hi Arno. Thanks for your support.

Limit for Public is set 0.

I do not understand what happens. Sometimes the limitations work, sometimes not ...  :-\

•  

Arno

Nobody else seems to have your problem. So maybe a mis-configuration?
Please send me the url and login data for the backend. Then I can try to find the reason.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Diego

Quote from: Arno on 01.06.2018 10:32:03
Nobody else seems to have your problem. So maybe a mis-configuration?
Please send me the url and login data for the backend. Then I can try to find the reason.
Hi Arno.

I send you the data by private message so you can enter the administration.

http://frionline.net

•  

ColinM

Hi
The log file you showed seems to me to be working well.  I have attached a copy with highlighting.  Most of the files downloaded are individual files but 3 occasions a file was downloaded twice.  But the times between the downloadings was  as most 2 seconds.  This is well within the time jD would consider as OK.
As I mentioned earlier each User Group has a time limit that set in field 'Download Duration' in which jD considers it is the same download.
I do not know what your user gropu structure is but it is quite possible that you need to set the limit in multiple User Groups Settings.Also recall if a user belongs to multiple user groups then the one used is the one with the highest ranking as set in the relevant User Group.
Note also that if a User Group has a zero ranking then it is gnored by jD.  So suppose that you have a User Ggroup called say AM-UG.  and that the Regisitered UG is its parent.  If the AM-UG has zero ranking, or one that is less than the Registere user group, then jD will use the settings in the Registered user group.For more inf the following articles may be helpfulhttp://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/introduction-to-user-group-settingshttp://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/which-user-group-is-used
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Diego

Quote from: ColinM on 05.06.2018 18:14:20As I mentioned earlier each User Group has a time limit that set in field 'Download Duration' in which jD considers it is the same download. I do not know what your user gropu structure is but it is quite possible that you need to set the limit in multiple User Groups Settings.
Hi ColinM, thanks for you support. Today again a user downloaded several files, and the limit is only 3.

Now the Duration time for the group "Miembros VIP" is set to 60 minutes.

I send you the backend entry data by private message so you can see if you can help me please.

Best regards.

Diego

•