News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Protected detail button

Started by belini, 23.04.2018 22:41:20

Previous topic - Next topic

belini

I have a question

Is it possible to display the details button only for a specific ACL?

For example, I want the details button to appear only for the user with a certain level of access, but for the site visitor I do not want it to appear.

I looked for something in the jDownloads settings, but I did not find this possibility

This request may be kind of weird, but for sure I ask here.

It's a request from a user, do not condemn me.  :P ;D
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Not sure I understand your question!!  There is a Download Button but there is no Details button.
Could you perhaps send a picture to helpthe explanation please.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Maybe you could use the special placeholders from the jDownloads system plugin in your jD layouts?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

belini

Quote from: ColinM on 24.04.2018 00:38:55
Hi
Not sure I understand your question!!  There is a Download Button but there is no Details button.
Could you perhaps send a picture to helpthe explanation please.
Colin

I said button details, but what I mean is the read more button, which takes the screen with the details of the download (file name, hits, creation date, modification date, etc ...)

Quote from: Arno on 24.04.2018 11:35:42
Maybe you could use the special placeholders from the jDownloads system plugin in your jD layouts?

Are you talking about the Plugins tab in the jD settings?
Or the Custom Data Fields tab?

In the jD help tutorials, do you have any examples of how to use this feature for what I need?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
If you look at plugin 'Systems - jdownloads' in the extensions - Plugins, then in the Advaced tab you will see lines like below

{jdreg} This text will only be seen by logged-in users {/jdreg}
This means the text " This text will only be seen by logged-in users " will only be seen by users who are logged in.
Somewhere in your Files Layout you will have a line like
<div class="jd_readmore">{link_to_details}</div>
So you could try modifying to
<div class="jd_readmore">{jdreg}{link_to_details}{/jdreg}</div>
But having tried ammending the layout in various ways it does not seem to work!!

Please couldyou add as a suggestion that layouts support such a facility.
Thanks
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Can it be that you have forget the { jdreg } part?  ;) Also must the Hide functionality be activated in the plugin.

I have try it and it works properly. See pics. In the first pic is a user logged in.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

belini

Quote from: Arno on 27.04.2018 12:24:47
Can it be that you have forget the { jdreg } part?  ;) Also must the Hide functionality be activated in the plugin.

I have try it and it works properly. See pics. In the first pic is a user logged in.

That's Cool!

I was not familiarity of this functionality, it sure helped me a lot.

Thanks, guys.  8)
  •  

ColinM

@Arno
Whoops! I forgot to enable the Hide Functionality!! :(
Yes it works AOK

@Belini
In Layout "Files Layout with Readmore and download Buttons v3.2 (2)" which is a copy of the original I changed the line
to
That also removed the line caused by the class jd_readmore.

Colin
Edit I have just written a short article on the hide functionality
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/hiding-information-from-selected-user-classes
Colin M
  •