News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Jdownloads install at strato.de

Started by Armin, 18.04.2018 12:23:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Armin

Hi,

my site is hosted at strato.de. They use mysql 5.6.39. When I try to install jdownloads, I got an error: ,,Index column size too large. The maximum column size is 767 bytes." Like in the manual stated, I tried an install from directory. I got the same error.

Stackoverflow says this is because mysql uses character set utf8 with 3 bytes per character, utf8mb4 is 4 bytes per character. There were several ways listet to solve this problem.

I changed in com_jdownloads\admin\sql\install.mysql.utf8.sql all lines
   ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8mb4 DEFAULT COLLATE=utf8mb4_unicode_ci;   to
   ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8mb4 DEFAULT COLLATE=utf8mb4_unicode_ci ROW_FORMAT=DYNAMIC;

This solved the error but there was no box ,,Details of jdownload installation progress" and no button ,,Start jdownloads now" after the install. I did a second install, no box but the startbutton was there.
Jdownloads works but the installation process didn't install some data (text) to the database: the standard layouts are listet like:
COM_JDOWNLOADS_BACKEND_SETTINGS_TEMPLATES_FILES_DEFAULT_NAME and not as expected: Alternatives Dateien Layout v3.2.
The same happens in a lot of textboxes in the configuration section, e.g. frontend | hints for guests, plugins | standard layout.

I don't know, whether it was a good idea to change the install.mysql.utf8.sql file, but jdownload now works on my site.

Armin.
  •  

Arno

Hi Armin,
maybe would it be better to contact your hoster Strato and tell him your problem.
It seems for me that in this case could be the server settings to low.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •