News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Show parent category in details

Started by L shems, 14.04.2018 15:29:47

Previous topic - Next topic

L shems

I have a repository where resources for different RC-radios are posted for download. These resources are on their turn written in version 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, ... etc. of the operating system of these radio's.

I have set up the operating systeml version as a category, and the radio's as subcategories.

All works fine, and in the menu showing the top downloads, the category is shown as 'parent/category'.

This means that two dowloads for the same radio but for different operating systems can be recognized as such.

But if I click on the dowload, I have no clue anymore for what Ooperating System the download is (that is, from which main category).
I can only display the category (being a subcategory) in the download details.

Any way to get the parent category in the download page as a separate entity, or have it displayed in the 'category' field with mention of the parent category?

Since TAGS are not working, things are getting tricky to find when having a two layered category setup.

Thanks.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The quickest solution might be to include a Breadcrumbs module such as shown in attached.

Various jD modules will show the category path but that is not helpful here.
Could you please add in a Suggestion to be able to show the category path in the Download Details layout
Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •