News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Show upload button for public users

Started by L shems, 14.04.2018 01:02:48

Previous topic - Next topic

L shems

I want to show the upload button also for unregistered users. This should link to the register now form, after showing a message that they are not allowed to upload until  registered.

This to minimise the threshold for uploading.

Can't find where to set that.
  •  

ColinM

Hi,
Sorry but the ability to link to a registration page is not yet available in jD
Colin
Colin M
  •  

L shems

Ok, but could I get the upload button visible for not logged in users at least on the main overview page?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I see no reason why not - but will check
Colin
Colin M
  •  

L shems

It's probably a config issue. I just can't find what to change to get it.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have checked and the Add button does appear. But note you need to give Public User Group Create and Edit Permission. Usually this is best done on the top level Category.
You will of course need to set the Users Groups Settings for you Public UG.  If you are not familiar with this and related items please see the articles in section
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/category/access-controls-and-user-group-permissions

However I would strongly recommend you do not allow Public upload as you could get all sorts or 'rubbish' uploaded by anyone, even to the extent of using all your web space.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

L shems

Could you check rcsettings.com?

There is an upload button, but clicking on it will link to a login request?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
When I tried what you suggested I got the standard message requesting login as shown below.  It was not the login page. They have set the login module in a side panel for easy access.
The site has changed the 'Add' text to 'Submit File'.  This is quite straight forward. 
I guess they do not allow automatic publication but review each upload for relevance. You could do the same.
Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

L shems

I cannot imagine you would ever want to give write and edit access to the public level.

Rcsettings do not review uploads, or they are very quick. Seen the number of posts that's not likely.

For me it is absolutely unclear which combination of settings I would have to apply to get the same behaviour as on the rcgroups site, without granting edit rights to public users?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Rcsettings do not allow public to upoad, you have to be registered.  If you are not registered they give the messagethat is usual in jD that the user needs to logon or Register.

I have advised not to allow public to be able to upload.

I would think that they give permissions to their registered users to Create and Edit Own permissions. That is after creating a user van only edit their own Downloads.

You can choose in the Users Groups Settings for the Public UG to display the Add/Upload button (it is normaly set to yes). If a user clicks on this button they get the message that they need to logon/register.
This can be made automatic in the logon module - nothing to do with jD.

I also presume all Categories & Downloads have Public Access.  By default Downloads will take their Access from their Category
Also of course Download Permission is allowed in Public UG in the Top level categories or in you case by using the Options button on jD Control Panel to grant Download permission globally.

Colin

Colin M
  •