News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Fatal error after update to 3.2.59 - Solved!

Started by belini, 10.04.2018 16:47:28

Previous topic - Next topic

belini

After upgrading to version 3.2.59 jDownloads stopped working on the site, showing the following error:

Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare class JDHelper in /html/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/jdownloadshelper.php on line 23

In the administrative area everything looks ok.

I upgraded using the Joomla Extensions: Update screen

•  

ColinM

Hi
Can you please try by downloading. and using Install.
Colin
PS I am on train at present and only have my phone with me.
Colin M
  •  

Arno

I cannot confirm this. On all my installations works it properly (also here in the downloads area). Please install it again.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

belini

I solved the problem.

Well, I downloaded the package, installed it and the error continued.

Luckily I upgraded the "homologation server", which is a production-like system where I apply the updates and do development tests before putting them into production.

I've already used jDownloads for some time and the updates always worked, this is the first time the problem occurs.

What I did was fetch in the system any file that had the word "class JDHelper" inside it and it found in two places:

./plugins/system/jd/jd/helper.php:abstract class JDHelper
./components/com_jdownloads/helpers/jdownloadshelper.php:class JDHelper

I found that strange directory ".../jd/jd/...", I believe it's some leftover from some old test of some other component, I removed the directory and everything was ok.

On the production server there is no such directory which I believe will not have any errors in the update

It is.
Thanks.
  •  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •