News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Save failed with error: Another Category has the same alias [solved in v58]

Started by podermakina, 02.03.2018 12:29:47

Previous topic - Next topic

podermakina

Hi all:

After the installation of the new update (V 3.2.57) every time I want to save edited category I have that message (Save failed with the following error: Another Category has the same alias
).
I can create new categories, but after that no way to edit the created category and save without change the category alias name.

Any Ideas? Bug?

Thank you
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Yes I have reproduced!! Also advised Arno.

As a quick workaround, until problem gets fixed, if for example your alias was 'logged-on-downloads' make your edits, change alias to say 'logged-on-downloads2' where I have added a 2  Save, which now completes. then change alias back to original and Save or Save and Close. All is now revised ok.

Apologies for this
Will move topic to bugs.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi guys,
please excuse me for this bug. I will publish tonight a corrected version.  ::) :-\
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Hi.
Please try the file below and copy (the unzipped file) via FTP over the original in this folder: /administrator/components/com_jdownloads/tables to this.
Post then here your result.
Thanks.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Colin M
  •