News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Error when monitoring files

Started by andreanp11, 07.02.2018 16:13:14

Previous topic - Next topic

andreanp11

Hello,

I'm using:
Joomla! 3.8.5   
jDownloads Version 3.2.56
PHP 7.0.18-1+deb.sury.org~xenial+1
MySQLi 5.5.5-10.1.23-MariaDB-1~xenia

Download directory monitoring is DISABLED

Using "check download area now":
- new folder / category are recognised;
- new file are not recognised (view attachment).

I do not know what to do to solve the issue

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi,
Not sure of the exact cause as it could be due to several things.
Has this happenened since you upgraded Joomla?
You seem to have a very large number of unpublished categories.  Is that correct?
Have you checked which file extensions are valid for your jD config?  Please check in the Config - Monitoring tab.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

andreanp11

Hello,
debugging code I understand that there is a issue about "pdf thumbnails".
In following files I commented some row about "pdf thumbnails" near the php comment "//create thumbs form pdf":
1. administrator/components/com_jdownloads/tables/download.php
2. administrator/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/scan.php
3. administrator/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/jdownloadshelper.php

now everything works fine

•  

ColinM

Hi
Thanks for the extra info.  I do not know of any problem in jD with 'pdf thumbnails'. However for pdf thumbnails to work then the ImageMagic software needs to be on your server.
Please see field 'Create Thumbnails from PDF files?' in jD Config - Pictures tab.  jD will show whether the library is or is not present.  So could I suggest you turn off the option and revert the changes you have made.
Please let us know if jD said the library was present. If that is the case you probably need to get your server people to sort it out. Note if you are using say WAMP or Xampp then the ImageMagic  software is often absent.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

andreanp11

ImageMagic software is installed (attachment).
We are using NGINX server.

I have not tried but I think disabling 'Create Thumbnails from PDF files?' there is no need to change the code (the changes I've made).

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Yes if you turn that option off (No) then you should not need the code changes.

I will do some more experiments as generally my test sites do not use the make pdf icons as I think the result is rarely useful as most pdfs are text!!  Maybe there is a problem so I will check on a web based host site rather than xampp
Colin
Colin M
  •