News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

jDownloads

Started by valius, 22.02.2018 11:21:03

Previous topic - Next topic

valius

hello

Is it possible to simplify the document uploading form to make it as simple as it is now as in the first picture, and would like to be the second one and the "save" button. the best thing is to be the third one, as done in your forum

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
You can configure the front end jD Upload form in what questions are asked in the User Groups Settings - Group Creation/Editting Section for your "uploader" user group(s).  You can turn practically everything off, and also turn of Tabs so it is just one form.  Youperhaps need to consider whether an uploader can choose the category, whether to allow adding tags, and a few other things.
You can obviously split your uploaders into different User Groups dependant on the freedom you wish to allow.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

valius

I also encountered one problem,  :-\    I created group No. 1 and no. 2. In the first group everything is fine, you can upload documents and other files. However, in the second group, I can not change the settings and see these errors.  :-[ When you click on save, only the red bar appears, but no text is available and the changes are not saved. Also, you can not save GROUP TITLE, although I've tested the settings the same way everywhere else. Well at least I think so ... ::)

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

valius

Another question: I created users from 1 to 7. I assigned one folder per person. User 8 sees all folders (1 - 7 only for them). However, you can see up to 6 folders, 7 folders invisible, and 7 users can not upload any data nor see their folder. How to solve this problem? (I tried to do even more folders, they are created but are not depicted) How to make 10 folders per page instead of 5? I want to do about 10 such groups like this. Thanks in advance for the answers.

Sincerely
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I will need to lokk at your site so will send you a PM
Colin
Colin M
  •