News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Download link description, mail on Update...

Started by gulsti, 18.02.2018 13:23:03

Previous topic - Next topic

gulsti

Would wish me the following:
1. at least 4 download urls for download links, and to these 4 links the possibility to set a description of the links (32 bit version, 64 bit version, portable version...)

2. the possibility for members to mark a download, and that they will receive an email with an update of the download (subscribe and unsubscribe function for the notification).

3. a kind of download basket where a member can mark downloads and download them all at the end at once without downloading them individually.

4. Extra website/links (layouts) for displaying screenshots and videos of a download entry.

Translated with DeepL.com/Translator from german

gulsti
mfg.
Gulsti
  •  

ColinM

Hi Gulsti
I will try to give a response to each suggestion.

Quote1. at least 4 download urls for download links, and to these 4 links the possibility to set a description of the links (32 bit version, 64 bit version, portable version...)
Each Download is an individual 'item'  There is only one file associated with each Download. Changing that would be very difficult.  You could however create a suitable category for each 'program' type As I would expect users to be only interested in one specific type.

Quote2. the possibility for members to mark a download, and that they will receive an email with an update of the download (subscribe and unsubscribe function for the notification).
Interesting but could be very challenging.

Quote3. a kind of download basket where a member can mark downloads and download them all at the end at once without downloading them individually.
This is available to some extent by using a files layout that supports check boxes. Presently it applies to Downloads in a single category.  To extend it would probably mean setting a max limit and having a action button.

Quote4. Extra website/links (layouts) for displaying screenshots and videos of a download entry.
Each Download can have up to ten Screenshots (Images) and either a video or audio file associated with it that is available as a preview before downloading.  So I think that is already covered.

Colin
Colin M
  •