News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

download by Anonymous - how to stop?

Started by BrandConception, 12.02.2018 12:39:48

Previous topic - Next topic

BrandConception

Hi,

I created a user group for registered members and I did the setup so only they should be able to download files.

Today an anonymous downloaded the files, how can I stop this?

Name : visitor
Usergroup : invited

Thanks for your reply
  •  

ColinM

Hi
If the permissions setup is correct then it does work.
One common thing that is misunderstood is the Inheritance.  If the user who is able to download belongs to a UG whos Parenent, Grand Parent or similar of Registered then by inheritance they are also members of the Registered UG.
To fully understand  I would need to know the setup of your jD categories, the User group sructure and what permission for which UG.  I f you like I will look at your site but for that I would need super user details sent to me by PM - clck on whitish square with a little tail near my name in this response
Colin
Colin M
  •  

BrandConception

Thank you  for your reply,

I made some screenshots right here : https://imgur.com/a/jA4hB

I can send other screenshots of the settings if you need them
  •  

ColinM

Hi

that looks basically right but it is hard to tell working from screen images as there are a lot of possibilities
Colin
Colin M
  •