News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Custom Data Fields - large text - html stripped

Started by shoulders, 29.01.2018 11:22:22

Previous topic - Next topic

shoulders

Hi

I am setting up custom fields so i can show you how I would like my layout to be and I came across this issue.

I am using the 2 large text fields 13 and 14. They use a WYSIWYG (in my case JCE).

When i set up the list as I want it it looks fine, i then save the download item and the custom filed have had all of their html stripped.

I could not find any setting to turn this behaviour off.

I would like to use WYSIWYG for these custom fields without any tag stripping.

Thanks

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
This is not a bug! A bug is something that stops the current release working.  Not to be confused with wishing jD to operate in a different way or to have some additional facility, both of which are suggestions.  So I have relocated this to Suggestions. :) It is not helpful to call 'wolf'!!

The above having been said I think it would be a good idea to allow inclusion of html code in the Short and Long descriptions.  Rather than have a configuration option in jD it should be  more than sufficient to use the Joomla filtering option in Global Config as that gets the full control by the Admin on an individual User Group basis.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

shoulders

Hi colin

It totally is a bug because there is a WYSIWYG over the textarea where you enter the details, so if a user spends a load of time putting stuff in there it gets wiped out. If it was a plain textarea I would completely agree that is should be a feature request..

As a developer I would never initiate a WYSIWYG just to wipe the code out.

If the large text field is not there to allow the use of the WYSIWYG then why have a short and long text custom field.

Lastly, the short and long descriptions allow the use of html code or have I got something wrong.

•