News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Question, component integration

Started by Miri, 26.01.2018 19:07:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Miri

I'm trying to integrate this component (Ccoment) for comments in jdownloads.
From his guide
https://compojoom.com/documentation/ccomment/ch03s02s16
is a very old version of jdownloads and I wanted to ask you:

Which file should I modify add their code?
Does the code match the calls of your component?

I have tested editing this file /components/com_jdownloads/views/download/tmpl/default.php
(they say to modify components / com_jdownloads / jdownloads.html.php but this file does not exist in the latest version of jdownloads)

Where do you suggest adding the code to activate comments?
Thank you
Miri
  •  

Arno

Hi.
QuoteI have tested editing this file /components/com_jdownloads/views/download/tmpl/default.php
Have you also added the placeholder {ccomment} in the activated jDownloads Details layout ?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Miri

exactly
I have also modified the file /components/com_jdownloads/views/download/tmpl/default.php
       // Option for JComments integration
if(file_exists(JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR . '/components/com_comment/plugins/com_jdownloads/jdownloads.php')) {
JLoader::discover('ccommentHelper', JPATH_ROOT . '/components/com_comment/helpers');
$readmore = ccommentHelperUtils::commentInit('com_jdownloads', $file);
$html_file = str_replace('{ccomment}', $readmore, $html_file);
}
        if ($jlistConfig['jcomments.active']){
            $jcomments = JPATH_BASE.'/components/com_jcomments/jcomments.php';
            if (file_exists($jcomments)) {
                require_once($jcomments);
                $obj_id = $this->item->file_id;
                $obj_title = $this->item->file_title;
                $body .= JComments::showComments($obj_id, 'com_jdownloads', $obj_title);
            }   
        }

but on the user side, you see it as text instead

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

Arno

Please check whether in the jD configuration is activated in the TAB Frontend the option on the pic below.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Miri

yes, I activated them both, again but it does not activate. you can check yourself in this address...https://www.web.com/download/download/5-file/37-copertina-attivita-lavorativa-mensile
  •  

Arno

Quoteyes, I activated them both,
No. Only the first option please.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Arno

Hm. It seems that this plugin not exist in the described folder:

if(file_exists(JPATH_ADMINISTRATOR . '/components/com_comment/plugins/com_jdownloads/jdownloads.php')) {

So you should contact the developer from ccomments.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Miri

Hello. It actually exists in the administrator path:
/administrator/components/com_comment/plugins/com_jdownloads/jdownloads.php
  •  

Arno

Not in my installation. Use you the Pro version?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Miri

Yes, I'm using the pro version.
  •