News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Preview Player

Started by djrudyn, 20.01.2018 20:25:40

Previous topic - Next topic

djrudyn

Hi Guys, I am new to JDownloads so please forgive me if this is already been discussed...

I have created a download preview however, on Chrome the preview player has a download arrow on it and on firefox,edge,ie and  it doesnt. Is there something I am not doing?? Please help. I have attached screenshots of the preview player

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
You are not doing anything wrong.  Seems that Chrome have decided it is a good idea to allow people to download. :(
Thanks for telling us about this.  It means that we now need to determine how Chrome sets up the controls- ugh!! :( :( :(
Not being a Chrome user this means a learning curve.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

djrudyn

Thank You for the feedback,
glad to know I did not do anything wrong.

Please keep me posted, for now I am offering a free download, however I am looking into getting my users to pay for the download.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have spent some time checking out what needs doing. Result is a control bar that is totally configured by jD that looks like attached pic.  Any comments welcome - but it will take some time to integrate properly. The Play button switches to Pause when running and the video position masrker moves with the % played.
Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

djrudyn

Hi Collin, this will work for me, thank you for spending the time looking into the issue
  •  

djrudyn

Hi Collin,
Did you manage to fix this issue?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
This is still in progress.  Arno is busy on the next major release and I hope it will fit into that
Colin
PS please keep reminding!! :)
Colin M
  •  

djrudyn

Cool Thank you...
will do so
  •  

Arno

QuotePlease keep me posted, for now I am offering a free download, however I am looking into getting my users to pay for the download.
Please note that you should never use the preview file for fee-based files! For this should you always use only the main file.

An example:
- you wish to sell video tutorials
- use for the full length video the main file
- and the review file for a shorted preview at the video
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

dougdiamond

Good afternoon JDownloads team and forum members.

I am building a site to sell ringtones for iphone and android. Ringtones are 30-second audio files. So the main file and the preview file are really the same. Because of the google preview player offering a download button I cannot make the site live for selling ringtones. Anyone using google could just download the preview file and have it for free!

So for me the control of the preview player is super important. I am anxiously (but patiently!) waiting for a solution.

Thanks for supporting this great tool.

Doug
  •  

Arno

QuoteSo for me the control of the preview player is super important. I am anxiously (but patiently!) waiting for a solution.

I think in your case exist three options:
- use another solution as jDownloads
- use not the preview player options
- use preview files with a poor quality
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

dougdiamond

Poor quality is not an option... all audio formats like mp3 and m4r are about the same.
Preview player is needed to allow customer to hear the audio and decide to buy
Most important... JDownloads is great and best rated of all.

So that is why I am willing to wait...

Can you please confirm if developing a preview player is still planned?

If YES I wait... But if NO... I (sadly) must start work on a different strategy.

Thanks
  •  

dougdiamond

Dear Friends... I may have found a solution... I hope you will consider testing it.

When I "right-click" on the preview player and inspect the source code the following appears in the jd_audio_container:

<audio preload="metadata" style="" controls=""><source src="/jdownloads/_preview_files/Alison.mp3" type="audio/mpeg">Your browser does not support HTML5 video or audio.</audio>

I discovered that google has made a control available to developers to hide the download button. That code can be inserted like this:

<audio preload="metadata" style="" controls="" controlslist="nodownload"><source src="/jdownloads/_preview_files/Alison.mp3" type="audio/mpeg">Your browser does not support HTML5 video or audio.</audio>

So the addition of the controlslist="nodownload" in the <audio> element hides that button.

This may be a simple and best solution for all. Please let me know if this is a viable solution... and of course I would be happy to test on my site which is still under construction.

Again... thanks for your support.
Doug
  •  

Arno

Hi Doug,
QuoteThis may be a simple and best solution for all.
yes we know this possibility. But this can not solve your basicly problem. It exist many free audio grabber which can save every audio clip fast and easy. So nobody need to pay for it to get it.
Sure not every user will do it so maybe has it to do with the price level.
But ultimately it's your risk.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

dougdiamond

OK.. I see what you mean... Maybe one day you will complete a native player with download protection...

For now here is what I am thinking as a short term fix...

Insert the code in the right place...
Keep the price point very reasonable so stealing will be minimized
With the download button off no casual downloads possible
I will look into using a different format for the preview file

SO... the next step is to add the code I discovered... Will you be adding this minimal protection in a new release?

If not... can you please point me to the folder and file where I can insert this code myself...

Thanks for helping me move my project along.

Doug
  •