News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

features area in a download item

Started by shoulders, 18.01.2018 14:15:06

Previous topic - Next topic

shoulders

I would like a features WYSIWYG in a download item, above the change log.

This is useful feature because most software has an extended feature list and these areas would nicely go into a tabbed view along with the changelog and description.

thanks
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I do not properly understand this suggestion.  Could you perhaps amplify with example.  jD uses the default editor which for me is JCE
Colin
Colin M
  •  

shoulders

Hi Collin

in a download item admin page you have short description, long description, changelog I would like a features entry (WYSIWYG) along with a tab entry so i can use it with tabs in an items download details.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi,
I am slightly confused here.
In the jD Config BackEnd tab there are several fields entitled 'Use WYSIWYG-editor for....'  so set those to Yes. It will then use whatever is the default editor for your site.

The Short Description field is effectively a features description The Short Descripion is shown with the Files layout by using {description}, the long description is shown in the Details layouts using {description_long}. If the long description is empty it will show the short description.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

shoulders

Feature needs to have its own input so I can have the following tabs

Description (Long description)
Features
Changelog

I have included an example from another download system that might help.

Also this site has a similiar layout but the sya 'Technical' instead of 'Features'
https://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Thanks

•  

ColinM

Hi
The Short Description is not actually short!
As a demo I have modified the code that produces the Download Details view to include the dscription as well as the long description and the change log,  Also a new tabbed Layout that will show these.  Please see attached pic.

Please comment and I will then discuss with Arno about adding the modified code.  In the first instance however I can send the modified code and the layout for you to test if you think this is what you are seeking.

In the corse of doing this I have noted that the Long Description and the Changelog cannot be modified in the front end.  That is a bit more 'interesting' to alter as it involves the database and other 'challenges'!!
Colin

Colin M
  •  

shoulders

Hi Colin,

I am on about adding a 'Features' tab and section in addition to what is there now.

This section would have a textarea/wysiwyg get on the download item.

I will try and do a demo item on my site and then post a link here.

I am sure being able to add the short description as a tab or being able to put th content anywhere with the {tag} could be useful.

sorry for the delay.
  •  

shoulders

Hi Colin.

I have done a mock up of the download tabs that I mentioned in the thread. The content is not in a standard html list because jDownloads is stripping html in the large text custom fields (bug reported) but they should give you an idea.

Demo Link
https://quantumwarp.com/downloads/download/20-qwcrm/10-test-download

I have also attached the picture of the admin section configured how I have been trying to explain to match with the layout I have linked to and also attached the download details layout as an image.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

•  

ColinM

Hi
Yes your layout suggestion is a good idea and the files layout could support tabs (presently only supported in the Details Layout).
But I think having three fields for text input is sufficient: Description, Long Description and  Log.
It maybe that in a future version that by using tabs in the Files layouts then the Download Details Layouts are unecessary.  The Summary layout are essential however for the password and so on.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

shoulders

the layout above is the details layout. I did a mockup to show you what it should look like with the tabs i wanted (would like :) ).

Most download sites that use tabs generally have Description, Features, Changelog. I can give many examples of this.

Hope this clears up my idea.
  •