News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

subcategories

Started by rockbaer2007, 14.01.2018 12:46:00

Previous topic - Next topic

rockbaer2007

Hello Colin,
I want to display the subcategories in the same format as main categories.
5 subcategories side by side. How do I configure the layout?

best regards rockbaer / UG1 / Uwe
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have looked into this but so far without success!  Will keep trying
Colin
Colin M
  •  

rockbaer2007

Hi, Colin,
Has anything new come up yet?

best regards

rockbaer2007
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Your timing is impeccable!!  Can do 4 but have not tried creating a categories layout with 5 columns.
I have just found out a problem and a temporary way around using the 4 Column Categories display.

It all resolves aroud the Config- Front End Tab - field "Show page navigation for subcategories?"

When this is set to Yes then you get a single column for the subcats.  If you set it to No then the subcats appear as in 4 columns.

The following apply when using layout  Categories layout 'Categories Example with 4 columns v3.2'

• Because the navigation is off for the sub cats then I suggest setting field 'Number of Subcategories/Page ' to a multiple of 4 - actually it seems that this parameter is ignored when using layout.
  • The field "Number of entries per categories page:" controls the number of top level cats shown but has no effect on the sub cats.  On the top level page then navigation appears if required and provided field that either or both fields 'Show page navigation at the top?' and 'Show page navigation at the bottom? are set to Yes
Please see attached pics
Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Yes here seems to be something wrong.   ::)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •