News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Joomla! 2.5.28 to jD 3.2 Transition

Started by senol, 15.12.2017 15:41:45

Previous topic - Next topic

senol

Joomla! At site 2.5.28, we use jdownloads 1.9.1.6.

I want to upgrade my website to Joomla 3.x version. I am getting the error 504 Gateway Timeout when uploading joomla 2.5.28 to jd 2.5.30, the number of files is too much on the site.

Is there any other way around this?

Will jD 1.9.1.6 database tables not work in Joomla 3.x?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The jD 3.2 series database tables are quite different!  Please see the articles below on upgrading from jD 1.9.1.6 to the current version.

http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/category/migration-to-jd3-2-series

The specific article that is probably most relevant is
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/from-jd1-9-1-x-on-joomla-2-5-to-jd3-2-on-joomla-3-2
This is because the jD tables in 1.9.1.6 and 1.9.2.11 are compatible so get to Joomla! 3 first.

Note that when upgrading Joomla 2.5.28 to the latest Joomla you have to go to Joomla! 3.5 first then go to Jommla! 3.8.2 - at the moment I am suspicious about Joomla 3.8.3

Colin
Colin M
  •  

senol

it actually switches to jd 2.5.30, but the import process takes too long.

Is there anyone on the demo site that can help?
  •  

senol

I want to uninstall jD 1.9.1.6 and install 1.9.2.11 for the upgrade gives an error. what should I do

JHtml:: jquery not supported. File not found.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Have you read the Documentation?
I understand your start point is Joomla 2.5.28 with jD 1.9.1.6.  Is that correct?
If so then migrate from Joomla! 2.5.28 to Joomla! 3.5.x (Do not attempt to go directly to Joomla! 3.8.x)  There are many articles on the web about this Joomla migration.  It is not a simple exercise, it requires care and planning including checking templates and all extensions for compatibliity.  When you have a working Joomla! 3.5.x version then uninstall jD 1.9.1.6 but leaving the database and the files.  Next install jd 1.9.2.11. After that follow the docs on migrating from jD 1.9.2. 11 on Joomla 3 to jD 3.2
Best wishes
Colin
Colin M
  •  

senol

Hello there,
I have updated JDownloads version 1.9.1.6 to joomla version 3.5.1 and JDownloads version 1.9.2.11.
Clicking on the category preview link in admin panel gives the following error, what is the reason for this.

0 - PHP regular expression limit reached (pcre.backtrack_limit)
  •  

ColinM

Hi
A likely reason is that you may have Deug set to a high level in Joomla!  Did you also upgrade all your Plugins and Modules?
You may need to turn of  Conten Plugins one at a time to see if you find the one that is a problem, then if not found do same with System Plugins, then Modules etc.  It is a process of 'errosion'

I suggest you could also Google "error 0 - php regular expression limit reached (pcre.backtrack_limit)"  to get more ideas.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

senol

Hello there,
Does jD version 1.9.2.11 work with joomla 3.8.3?

I am getting the following error when uploading a file

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 2
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have never tried that combination!  There were significant changes in Joomla! around  Joomla v3.5.1.  So thinking a little about it I am not sure that jD 1.9.2.11 would be compliant with Joomla 3.8.
I suggestyou go back to the Joomla! 3.5 setup and convert to the jD 3.2 series at that point.

Colin
Colin M
  •