News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Download Problems - User Reported

Started by paul.wpg, 27.11.2017 18:38:42

Previous topic - Next topic

paul.wpg

Hello, my first post, and I'm inheriting a site that uses jDownloads, and have no experience with the product. I'm confronted with user reports of downloads failing, and no indication of a problem in any logs in jDownloads, Joomla. Apache shows a few errors, 206 but there are a few compared to over 30 complaints received so far. All files in the download section below 100mb are working perfectly. All problems are associated with the files larger than 200mb. Obviously there is a setting somewhere that is affecting this, but I'm unsure where to check. I have tested the downloads myself and I'm getting failure about 30% of the time.

jDownloads is using the htaccess/php options enabled and monitoring is off, using version 3.2.56 on Joomla 3.81 running Apache on Godaddy.  I probably missed some details, but any assistance would be appreciated.
  •  

ColinM

Hi,
Will try to help.  Most problems are with uploads not Downloads so it is a little puzzling but my initial suspicion is a timeout.
Is it a particular type of file, eg say pdf or mp3. or whatever?
Do you know which browser is being used?
But I think you should also ask the GoDaddy people as it may well be their server is particularly busy or similar - I am suspivious of this as you had some 30% failure When you had a god download.  Links below from GoDaddy community, all fairly recent, sounds similar to yours
https://uk.godaddy.com/community/Managing-Web-Hosting/Large-files-break-when-downloading/td-p/52088
https://uk.godaddy.com/community/Managing-Web-Hosting/Incomplete-downloads/td-p/59853

I searched for "Large Downloads on Godaddy"

Colin
Colin M
  •