News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Cannot upload anything [incompatible Plugin]

Started by barraclm, 21.11.2017 04:51:01

Previous topic - Next topic

barraclm

According to jDownloads my browsers (latest Chrome and latest Firefox) does not support any of the upload methods. This is the message I get:
Your browser doesn't have html5,flash,gears,silverlight,browserplus,html4 runtime support.

However, according to http://www.plupload.com/example_all_runtimes.php my browser supports all the methods except for Silverlight (see attached screenshot).

How do I resolve this please? No uploads = no jDownloads!!!

jDownloads 3.2.56
Joomla 3.8.2
Ubuntu 17.10
Chrome Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Mozilla Firefox for Ubuntu 58.0b4 (64-bit)

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Interesting. I am using latest Firefox and had no problem.  In jD config Upload tab could you just set the 'Uploader runtime' field to say HTML5.  Let us know if that is OK.
Also you can upload files other ways as well but the 'Files' is a good way.
Colin
EDIT  Checked my browser and it only had the HTML5 and HTML4 methods.  Could you advise the sequence set in the  'Uploader runtime' field please.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

barraclm

Select HTML5 - I get Your browser doesn't have html5 runtime support. You can change the runtime in component preferences

Select HTML4 - I get Your browser doesn't have html4 runtime support. You can change the runtime in component preferences

etc
  •  

barraclm

I have now identified that the issue is a conflict between jDownloads and the System plugin Skyline Scroll To Top. However, Skyline Scroll To Top works fine with eDocman which also uses plupload API which suggests that the problem lies with the jDownloads coding and not the Skyline Scroll To Top plugin.

Any thoughts?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
You could be right - will need to pass this though to Arno as he is the coding guru.
There will be a delay as he is away for a few day on business.

Just for reference could you please advise which version of PHP you are using.
Colin
Edit Have you tried Scroll To CK?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

barraclm

Configuration attached.

I have replaced Skyline Scroll To To with the Top of the Page plugin which does not seem to conflict with jDownloads.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Glad the Scroll to CK sorted your problem.  Thanks for sys info - I have saved it in my Barraclm directory and then remoed it from your post just in case you missed deletting some important info.
Have added item tio our Work list!!
Colin
Colin M
  •