News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

{modified_date_value} Do not show anything

Started by belini, 10.11.2017 13:33:35

Previous topic - Next topic

belini

I use jDownloads version 3.2.56 and in the file details the placeholder {modified_date_value} does not show the modification date.
I checked the "#_jdownloads_files" table in the database and confirmed that the "modified_date" field is not blank and actually has the modification date.

So, it seems to me, is that actually the placeholder {modified_date_value} has a problem or is out of use in jDownloads.

Anyway I'm using the placeholder {file_date} that already helps me.

I just created this post to notify you that this is happening and would like to know why.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Did you mark the Download as modified?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

@Colin:
I think you mean the possibility to mark a Download as 'Updated'. But this has nothing to do with this placeholder. So it could be a bug.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have just checked this out OK.  But you need to actually set the modified date in the Modified Date field.
That is jD does not change the modified date just because you uploaded a new version of the file, or because say you changed the description.  It is left to the person 'editing' the Download to decide if it is really an update. And if the do then one action is to enter the modified date, another action is mark as 'Updated'.  These actions are not linked.
Colin
PS there might be a case for automatically changing the contents of the Modified Date field when the downloadable file is itself 'changed'.
C
Colin M
  •  

Wattanut

?????????????
  •  

ColinM

Hi,
Not at the moment but I have added it to the suggestion list
See http://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=9575
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Yomoto

Hi.
I mark the Download as modified, but the mark is not updated.
field {modified_date_value} — 0000-00-00 00:00:00
  •  

ColinM

Hi
You need to do two things

• Set the Modified date (click on the calendar icon next to the modified date field
  • set as Modified as you are doing
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Yomoto

Quote from: ColinM on 29.03.2018 16:04:02

• Set the Modified date (click on the calendar icon next to the modified date field

every time by hand?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Yes every time by using the Calendar icon which is set at the current date. So is a basic simple operation.
The reason is that the editing could for example have been just correcting a typo in say the Description, which is not really an update.  So it is up to the editor to define what is or is not a real Update.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •