News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Redirection problem for registered users

Started by best4uall, 08.11.2017 12:21:21

Previous topic - Next topic

best4uall

When i tried to download files as registered user. After login, it redirect toward home page in first attempt but after that all the login attempts redirect fine on download page. dont know why first attempt redirect on home page.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The probable cause is that the Browser Cache or the Joomla! cache were not cleared
Colin
Colin M
  •  

best4uall

I already cleared all caches but got no solution. and client it pressing me
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I thought you meant the very first time.  Do you mean the first time that a new user logs in?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

best4uall

First time mean you open new browser and try to get login it will push you on home page. but if you will be signout and try to log in again it will push you on download page.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I cannot reproduce.  Are you using the standard Joomla! redirect or an extension redirect module?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

best4uall

i didnt set anywhere redirect option, jdownload using redirect itself dont know where from.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Think it is probably your browser remembering.
This is a Joomla! issue but I have outlined some steps below which should sort things out
Goto Extensions -Modules
Click on Search Tools.  In the Select Type box select type Login. In my case this just brings up the standard Joomla! Login Form but if you are using a login extension then you need to select the one you are using.
Click on the appropriate module
Somewhere, dependant on which login module you are using, there will be a "redirect on login" entry such as shown in attached pic.
It should have a select button which when you click it will bring up a list of menu links such as shown in pic Redirect02.png
so select the menu item you want users to be redirected on logon.  In my case I choose  'All Cats' in the main menu.
So my redirect on logon looks like pic redirect03.png
There is also a redirect on logout where some people specify a menu link, which could be in a hidden directory, a thankyou page or similar
Colin
removed repeated response

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

best4uall

•  

ColinM

Hi
If you send me super administration login by pm then I will take a look (click on whitish square under my name )
Colin
Colin M
  •  

best4uall

•  

ColinM

Hi
I have had a look.  All the setup looks OK but as you say first time in a new tab the redirect is to the Home page but afterwards it is OK!!!
Think this is a Joomla Multi-language problem.  It switches to the /fr home page first time. Suggest you try the Joomla! support forum as this is outside my experience. :(

Best wishes
Colin
PS Had one more go
If I go to site on a newbrowser  tab and then click on English flag before I login, then login on the Intranet page it takes me to the correct page with the Downloads on it. It was the french page of Downloads so maybe a mix up.  For better checking out I would also suggest you change the menu names to include which language to see where one is during the devel.
So pretty sure it is a Joomla! multi language problem.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

best4uall

So jdownload developer need to check this extension, why it is not compatible with multi language
  •  

ColinM

Hi
You misunderstand, this is a Joomla! problem. It is NOT a jD problem.  I was only trying to help you as maybe I have had more experience with Joomla!
Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
You need to seek help on a Joomla! forum as redirects are a Joomla! aspect not a jD area.
Sorry I can be no help. It would be interesting to know if your site was multi lingual - please let us know
Thanks
Colin
Corrected "typo"
Colin M
  •