News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

jDownloads does not follow user group settings

Started by belini, 07.11.2017 13:21:04

Previous topic - Next topic

belini

Hi, I have a user group created in Joomla called GroupA and I granted in the Global Configuration permissions Create, Edit, Edit State, Edit own and Download to this group in jDownloads. By inheritance this group received the same permissions in the jDownloads categories.

Afterwards, I have prepared the settings for this group in jDownloads User Groups Settings and include other file type extensions.

I created a user and included only the GroupA permission I logged into the Front End and it seemed all right, I could edit the categories of downloads and upload them. Then I realized that in the file upload the extra extensions for file types that I configured did not appear and also did not appear the settings of the data fields that I selected.

I did a test going on the jDownloads User Group Settings and including other extensions for file types in the public group, and to my surprise it appeared in the Front End.

What is happening if I have set up my user in Joomla just to belong to GrupoA? It is not in any other group, besides I configured all necessary permissions in jDownloads.

Can you help me with one more little problem?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
It sounds to me that maybe you did not set the Ranking value in for GroupA in the Users Groups Settings. I usually use a ranking value of 123
See http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/which-user-group-is-used  for more info
Colin
Colin M
  •  

belini

Quote from: ColinM on 08.11.2017 00:39:09
Hi
It sounds to me that maybe you did not set the Ranking value in for GroupA in the Users Groups Settings. I usually use a ranking value of 123
See http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/which-user-group-is-used  for more info
Colin

That's it man!
I appreciate that and thank you!
Good job!
  •