News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

c:/fakepath/filename uploading images (Solved)

Started by pranky, 31.10.2017 15:39:20

Previous topic - Next topic

pranky

Hello everyone, I am looking for the solution to this problem:
I upload a new download file, when I go to the TAB image to add the document cover the system returns the following line C:\fakepath\filename.jpg

I leave out to upload the image and the download is normally created.
I've tried with various image formats both from Chrome 61.0.3163.100 and Firefox 56.0.2.
Joomla 3.8.0 - jDownloads 3.2.56 - PHP 5.6

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

Arno

Quote from: pranky on 31.10.2017 15:39:20
Hello everyone, I am looking for the solution to this problem:
I upload a new download file, when I go to the TAB image to add the document cover the system returns the following line C:\fakepath\filename.jpg

I leave out to upload the image and the download is normally created.
I've tried with various image formats both from Chrome 61.0.3163.100 and Firefox 56.0.2.
Joomla 3.8.0 - jDownloads 3.2.56 - PHP 5.6
Excuse me but I do not understand what exactly is here the problem. Is the path to your PC folder wrong? Should it be empty?  ::)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Okay. I have now see what you mean. This is not a bug but a security feature from browsers. It hide the really path in javascripts but the function works proper.  ;)

It exist also options to deactivate this in your browser. Use Google to find this.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

pranky

Hi Arno

the problem happens wherever the image is. I've tried to upload from desktop, fron different folders and from different machines with different operative sytem (mac os, windows, linux)
  •  

pranky

•  

pranky

solved disabling all the extensions on firefox
  •