News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Show Category Description

Started by seadas, 30.10.2017 11:00:38

Previous topic - Next topic

seadas

Hi everybody.
I'm Using Layout for category "Standard Category Layout v3.2"
with this custom that I 've got here about one years ago
{cat_info_begin}
<div class="jd_cats_2col_wrapper" style="">
    <div class="jd_2col_inner_wrapper" style="">
        <div class="jd_inline" style="">
            <div class= "jd_cats_2col" style="font-weight: bold;">{cat_title1}</div>
            <div class= "jd_cats_2col" style="">{sum_subcats1}&#160;</div>
            <div class= "jd_cats_2col" style="">{sum_files_cat1}&#160;</div>
        </div>
                <div class= "jd_cats_2col jd_cats_2col_left"  style="">{cat_pic1}</div>
        <div class= "jd_cats_2col"  style="width:100%;">{cat_description1}&#160;</div>
    </div>
    <div class="jd_2col_inner_wrapper_right" style="float:right;">
        <div class="jd_inline" style="">
            <div class= "jd_cats_2col"  style="font-weight: bold;">{cat_title2}</div>
            <div class= "jd_cats_2col"  style="">{sum_subcats2}&#160;</div>
            <div class= "jd_cats_2col"  style="">{sum_files_cat2}&#160;</div>
        </div>
        <div class= "jd_cats_2col jd_cats_2col_left"  style="">{cat_pic2}</div>
        <div class= "jd_cats_2col" style="width:100%;">{cat_description2}&#160;</div>
    </div>
</div>
<div class="jd_clear"></div>
{cat_info_end}

Actually I would show category description. What I've to edit ?
Thanks
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The Layout already has the placeholder in it to display the category descriptions. These are the lines
<div class= "jd_cats_2col"  style="width:100%;">{cat_description1} </div>
and
<div class= "jd_cats_2col" style="width:100%;">{cat_description2} </div>
So I am a little confused as why they are not showing on your site.

Did you actually enter the description in  the relevant categories?  Perhaps I am misunderstanding your querry.
Colin
EDIT have added a description, including a picture in the text, in backend to Category Top B. Some Cats already had a description so this shows before and after.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

seadas

Hi.
First Thing Thanks for answer ColinM.
Problem is that when I open category, I see only files inside but not category description.
When this category is listed with other category I see description.
My question is just this: it's possible see description category even start to see files inside it?
Thanks!! :)

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Sorry but the present layout code does not allow for a category description where you would like. You could include this as a suggestion/enhancement.

There is likely to be a new major release early next year so now is a good time for user inputs!

The descriptions work OK in the sub categories of the present Category being shown.  Our reasoning was that as a user has just seen the a description in either a top level cat or the preceding subcat ththen no need to reproduce the description again

Colin
Colin M
  •