News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Custom Filters

Started by Christoforos, 18.10.2017 06:16:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Christoforos

Hello,

how can I have filters on category list based on my custom fields. Lets say I have make a custom filter named "Company". How can I "Company" filter on my category list?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Not sure I understand but it sounds to me like you could use Tags to aid the selection. The article below could help
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/tags-support-in-jdownloads

Of course you can use the Search Function as well.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Christoforos

I tried your suggestion and used tags but it seems I am doing something wrong. Although I have taged to downloads items, when I click on a tag, or when I click to a menu that shows all tags, my download items are not showing. Instead comon joomla artilce with the same tag, are shown. I 've read docs on JDownloads and Joomla Tags and it seems that it should working as is.

Do I have to enable some option somewhere to make it work?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
When your Downloads are listed I presume that the Tags show OK.  To test fully I created a new XAMPP test site.  I followed the instruction in the article and all was OK except I could not create a new tag in the Front End but could add existing tag.  This was because I had not set the Permission in the Tag component itself! :(
But the tags worked worked fine in all other aspects.
I have modified the documentation appropriately. :)

If the Tags still do not work then I maybe I could check your site, so please send super admin access by Private Message (click on 'whiteish square with a tail' near my name) if you would like me to do so.
Colin
Colin M
  •