News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Layout per category

Started by Christoforos, 17.10.2017 23:28:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Christoforos

How can I have different  layout per category?

•  

ColinM

Hi
There is no simple way to select a different layout per category.  By a changed layout do you mean say just changing the background colour or something more extensive?
You can readily add a description for each Category.

How many categories are you in mind?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Christoforos

Lets say I want to have 2 different layouts. On the first one I want to show file date on the second I dont want to show file date.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
That is actually challenging in the present setup as it is not a css controlled aspect.  But a potentially useful idea.  At present I do not think it is possible but would ask you to include it in the suggestions please.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

moornetworks

Dear Colin,

May I briefly ask if it is still not possible to assign more than just ONE default layout for categories? Thank you, Thomas
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Regret that the present structure of jD only permits one active layout per layout type.It is a useful suggestion.There are challenges as there is a Categories type that is used when showing top level Cats, another one when showing subcategories and a third one when showing a single category
Colin
Colin M
  •  

moornetworks

Thanks for the quick response Colin. Is there perhaps a workaround to display a different "table" in a certain category than the default layout contains ? We want to display additional data fields in a certain category, which are not relevant in the other categories. Thanks again for a short review, Thomas
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Maybe OK. Could you perhaps give an example of what you might want, and where the data comes from.
In the forthcoming jD3.9, which is in last stages of beta test, then Fields are available which may well provide a more general solution.

Colin
Colin M
  •