News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

User with download rights can't access to file download

Started by faridsilva, 28.09.2017 02:29:53

Previous topic - Next topic

faridsilva

Since upgraded joomla and jDownloads I'm stuck at an embarrasing situation, where users have no more access to files on their categories.

I have restored settings to default at first, and later create a configuration as follow:

- I have 3 user groups under Registered, each group have right access to a download category
- A registered user should belongs to more than one a user group (e.g. minimum 1 group and maximum 3 groups)
- Each downloadable file belongs to one and only one category.
- Each category is accesible only by one registered user group (with same name as the category)

Watching permissions on file screen everything seems to be rigth, because inherited permissions are established to Download, for related user group, but when a user from that group try to download a file, it results in a "File download not allowed" message.

My site is running under Joomla 3.8.0 with jDownloads 3.2.55
web server is Apache Linux with PHP 5.6.31 and MySQL 5.5.57

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks everybody.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
This does sound strange.  Could you please send me details of your site and super user login details by PM (Private Message) - just click on 'whitish' square near my name.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I sent you some notes by PM
Do you need any more help? Please let me know
Colin
Colin M
  •  

faridsilva

I wish to say thank you Colin, because your latest guidelines absolute solved my issue.
Applying your step by step instructions I have now the download systems working as desired.
Thank you so much.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Pleased to help and that it solved your problem.
You could perhaps help the jD team by doing a good review on the Joomla! Extensions Directory as that would promote jD.  If you are unsure of how to do that then please see the link below
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/write-review-on-joomla-extensions-directory

Colin
Colin M
  •  

faridsilva

Yes Colin, I will do that inmediatly.
Thank you again.
  •