News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Details button and direct download issue

Started by belini, 11.09.2017 16:54:14

Previous topic - Next topic

belini

Hi,

I'm trying to use in my file layout, inside the jDownloads, direct download by title or file name and a button to see the details of the file.

For the layout I'm using I'm forced to use the following configuration:

- View Download page? = No
- Use files title download link? = Yes
- Activate direct downloading? = Yes
-------------------------------------------------- ----------
Result of Clicking on Title = Download Occurs Directly
Result of Clicking on Download Button = Download Occurs Directly

Guidelines found at:  http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/download-actions-direct-via-summary-page-or-via-download-details

The above setting is the only one that enables Direct Download by Title of the file.
The problem with this setting is that the detail button disappears with only one line remaining, see image in the attachment.
Is there a way I can have in the layout at the same time, direct download by the title of the file and the button to access the details?

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

Arno

Hi,
for a link to the details page could you try the placeholder on the pic. So you have both options.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

belini

Quote from: Arno on 13.09.2017 11:40:27
Hi,
for a link to the details page could you try the placeholder on the pic. So you have both options.

This is exactly what I have in my layout.

To get a better idea of ??the problem, see below:

For example, if I set up:

- View Download detail page? = Yes
Result of Clicking on Title = Show Detail View ----------- >>>> (I want direct download)

In this case the link to details appears, but I no longer have the direct download by the title of the file, it stops working.

Now I set it up

- View Download detail page? = No
Result of Clicking on Title = Download Occurs Directly ----------- >>>> (Now yes !!)

But in this case the link to details does not appear, there is a line in its place as I showed in the first post.

And looking at the settings site (http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/download-actions-direct-via-summary-page-or-via-download-details) there is only one configuration possibility that makes the that I need, just this one that has the bug I just reported.

•  

Arno

It is for me not a bug. Maybe a missing functionality. But you are also the first user to ask for it.
The descriptions from this three options are correct and the result (for me) also. The same with the instrucktions in the documentations. Only missing is here the part with the placeholder {link_to_details}.

If I change this handling, this could mean unwanted results for other users.
But you could also be of the opinion that if you use the placeholder, he always shows the corresponding behavior.
So I'm not sure what I should do here.  ::)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

belini

Quote from: Arno on 14.09.2017 10:52:59
It is for me not a bug. Maybe a missing functionality. But you are also the first user to ask for it.
The descriptions from this three options are correct and the result (for me) also. The same with the instrucktions in the documentations. Only missing is here the part with the placeholder {link_to_details}.

If I change this handling, this could mean unwanted results for other users.
But you could also be of the opinion that if you use the placeholder, he always shows the corresponding behavior.
So I'm not sure what I should do here.  ::)

I think the {link_to_details} tag should always do exactly what it says, show the details, just that, the problem that it's changing its behavior.
Another option is to have a {show_details} tag that will show the details button where I want it in the layout.
So when the webmaster decides he wants to just direct download by file name and have a button to see details, if the user wants to see, not everyone wants, it will be easy to implement, just like my case.  ;)
  •  

Arno

QuoteI think the {link_to_details} tag should always do exactly what it says, show the details
I agree and will change this.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

belini

Quote from: Arno on 15.09.2017 01:20:48
I agree and will change this.

Thanks.
Will this change come in the next release?

•  

Arno

Maybe can you get it already tomorrow.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •