News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

categories/descriptions in different site languages

Started by wijnants.b, 07.09.2017 14:25:20

Previous topic - Next topic

wijnants.b

Is it possible to make it possible to define the category name in the different site languages.
Like a category with the name "Studies" in english, "études" in french and "Studien" in german.

The same with the descriptions. This would be very helpfull for multilingual websites  :)
  •  

Arno

Hi,
JDownloads supported the multi language functionality from Joomla and additional also the extension FaLang.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

wijnants.b

Hi, What I actually mean is the following:
For example, I have a category called 'Studies' with files in it. I would like to have the exact same folder in French with the same files, but with the category name 'Etudes'. for example as in breezesforms:

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

Arno

I don't know the extension breezesforms. When you want items in different languages you must for every language create a category and also the Downloads in it. This is the Joomla functionality which is supported in jDownloads. When you want to use the extension FaLang see here the hints in the documentation:
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/how-can-i-use-joomfish-or-falang-with-jdownloads

The Joomla functionality is desribed (as example) here:
https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Setup_a_Multilingual_Site/Adding_Multilingual_Content
(But it exists also good video tutorials.)
To create this in jDownloads, it is nearly the same procedure.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

netshare

Hello Arno,

my question is targeting in a similar direction, respectively covers the topic 'localized description of a category name".
We have been using jdownloads for a while as a single language solution.
That worked like a charm.

Now, after having set up successfully a multi language site with Joomla native tools (no falang or other 3rd party extensions), we are ending up with a nasty thing in jdownloads:

The ability do display localized catetory names in the list box selector (-> placeholder: {category_listbox}).

We have set up - as already above mentioned - two languages, would like to use such a list box selector which is displaying - depending on the pre-selected language - a language specific category name (eg: german -> Kategorie | french -> Catégorie).

After having tested around with different settings, we come to the temporarily comclusion, that jdownload is not able to handle multiple languages with category names.
There will always be displayed both languages and no localization is performed (see screenshots).

Straight question to your address:

Is there a possibility (which we have overseen so far) within jdownloads to set that up as wished?

If yes, please place here a step by step instruction on how to perform this.

Please urgently advise, especially as that question has been asked already a few times in the past without having answered satisfactorily so far.

Kind regards,

Herbert

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •