News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Problems with non-latin symbols

Started by zorch, 07.09.2017 13:35:36

Previous topic - Next topic

zorch

Hello, i have serious problem with my jDownload instance, i spent much time trying to solve it, but i have no luck
my problem is similar to described here http://www.jdownloads.com/index.php/support-forum.html?topic=9367.0

I have a ubuntu server 17.04 with utf8 support, latest joomla with JD installed, all packages is updated.
Everything worked fine until May, unfortunately, I could not determine what caused the failure, but now i have issues with cyrillic filenames.
When i upload a file with cyrillic name, the name became broken... it looks like filename ugly encoded with wrong codepage, that i could not identify. (like "9-2-1_dh_n_dh_dh_dh_dh_dh_dh_n_dh_n_..._dh_dh_n_dh_n_dh_dh_dh_dh_dh_dhu_dh_dh_2013.doc")

It is stored in a broken form both in the database and in the server's file system.
UTF-8 is on in JD configuration.

When I could not find a solution I made a clean install of ubuntu, LAMP and installed just joomla and JD, the bug still persist.
Considering that the problem did not exist before May, I can assume that this is due to the update of joomla, jDownloads, or Ubuntu.
I understand that there is no ready answer, but maybe you can tell me where to start. Experiment with some specific  JDownload file responsible for handling uploads, maybe?
p.s Sorry my bad english
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I do not know of any change in jD that would cause such a problem.  Perhaps you should check that your web server is really configured to support utf-8.
Have you seen this article, it might help.
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/accented-characters-utf-8-folder-and-file-names

There are very many jD sites using Cyrillic file and folder names and I am sure we would have been deluged with 'queries' if something was wrong or had been seriously changed. Sorry not much help.

As a stop gap you might perhaps use transliteration for the file and folder names.  The name of the Download is independent of the file name.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

zorch

Thank you for reply, Colin.
Still no luck,but i keep trying.
Thanks again)
  •  

Arno

Hi,
QuoteEverything worked fine until May, unfortunately, I could not determine what caused the failure, but now i have issues with cyrillic filenames.
1. We had between 14. April and 21. June not any updates. But when you mean the problem comes from jD updates, so you could go back to the version 3.2.46. But in this case must you copy the files via FTP. It is not possible to install older jD versions via Joomla update function.
2. Are you sure that your hoster has nothing changed? Many hosters has moved in the last months domains to a newest php version. So please contact your hoster and tell him about your problem.
3. Which collation have you used in your jD database? It is still utf8_general_ci?

When you will try an older jD version please give me a hint. Then you can get this via PM.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

zorch

Quote from: Arno on 12.09.2017 10:46:26
Hi,1. We had between 14. April and 21. June not any updates. But when you mean the problem comes from jD updates, so you could go back to the version 3.2.46. But in this case must you copy the files via FTP. It is not possible to install older jD versions via Joomla update function.
2. Are you sure that your hoster has nothing changed? Many hosters has moved in the last months domains to a newest php version. So please contact your hoster and tell him about your problem.
3. Which collation have you used in your jD database? It is still utf8_general_ci?
Hello, Arno. Many thanks for your answer
1. I'm not saying that the error is in jD, since I updated the ubuntu server itself, php and so on. Not only jd
2. Server belongs to me, in small organisation, i didn'n any configuration changes. Jus packages update.
3. collation of joomla database is utf8_general_ci, collation of jD tables is utf8_general_ci, joomla has utf8mb4_general_ci for her tables.

I noticed that directories created by jD for categories  looks fine, even written in Cyrillic.
By the way, fresh install of joomla and  jD on debian 9, has same issue.

Thanks again for your answers, i'll try to find older jD version.
  •  

zorch

Hello again.
Today I uninstalled jD through the joomla control panel, saving the database, files, etc.
Installed jD 3.2.46 and .... everything works fine!
Filenames is correct in the proper encoding in the database and in the server's file system.
Look's like trouble in jD. I stay on this version for now.
If i can help somehow, i'm ready)
Thanks Arno for your application and help!
  •  

Arno

QuoteInstalled jD 3.2.46 and .... everything works fine!
Strange!  :o
But then I must check all modifications after this version and need more time.  :-\
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

zorch

Quote from: Arno on 13.09.2017 10:57:26
Strange!  :o
But then I must check all modifications after this version and need more time.  :-\
If you can give me all versions between 3.2.46 and 3.2.54 i can try it one by one,  and find on wich version my problems begins
  •  

Arno

This is a good idea. Thanks for your help. You will get it via PM.  8)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •