News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

HTML5 player gives somtimes Flash plug-in block in Chrome [Not jD]

Started by SoundHunter, 27.08.2017 20:23:36

Previous topic - Next topic

SoundHunter

Hello,

We now use the HTML5 player for mp3 files for a while and notice sometimes a "strange/unwanted" behaviour in Google Chrome.
Although Chrome loads the player it says in the address bar that the Adobe Flash Player plug-in has been blocked (blocked file location: /media/plg_sometechiemediaplayerbridgelite/sometechiemediaplayerfree/swf/audioplayer.swf).
I don't know why it sometimes happens and sometimes not.
I looked for an update of the "Some Techie Media Player" but their website states that the player has been deprecated: https://www.sometechie.com/media-player
What could I do to fix this?

Tip:
It may be an idea to just use the <audio> HTML5 tag and maybe customize it a bit to look the same a differend browsers (and smartphones) like this for example: http://terrillthompson.com/blog/32.

Thank you a lot!

Kind Regards,

SoundHunter
  •  

ColinM

Hi
If you select field "Use HTML5 Elements" in jD Config -Mediaplayer tab then it will just use the HTML <audio tag for audio files like below where the width comes from field "Player Width for HTML5 Audio".  It makes no reference to any other player.
<div class="jd_audio_wrapper" style="max-width:250px; ">
  <div class="jd_audio_container">
     <audio style="" controls="">
         <source src="//Public Downloads/topcat-sub1/topcat-sub1-sub2/Allegro from Duet in C Major.mp3" type="audio/mpeg">
          Your browser does not support HTML5 video or audio.
     </audio>
  </div>
</div>

So the short answer is that if you use the HTML5 option in jD then the browser should not refer to Flash.  However perhaps in some situations the Flash player is called by some other extension.

I was intrigued with your tip.  Yes at present the view created by different browsers is different - see attached pic. So it could be a possibility to give it a jD identity.

Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

SoundHunter

Hi ColinM,

Thank you for your fast answer!
I now know why an alternative player was displayed by jDownloads.
In my /media folder there was an folder called plg_sometechiemediaplayerbridgelite.
Don't know which component it put there but after a rename of the folder and a browser cache cleanup the HTML5 player apears!
So my problem seems to be solved, great!

Indeed a default layout for all browsers by jDownloads would be great (with maybe a switch between the default HTML5 player layout and the jDownloads player layout).
Could be a nice future request if development has some time left  :)

Thanks for your support!

Kind Regards,

SoundHunter
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thanks for update and locating the problem. I will mark this as solved and move out of bugs.
And yes I will 'educate' myself on styling HTML audio bar as a background activity.
Colin
Colin M
  •