News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Manual sort order not working in only one (the first) category[solved not a bug]

Started by Poehee, 30.08.2017 18:31:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Poehee

JDownloads 3.2

Loving the functionality of JDownloads.

But I'm facing a truely strange behavior.
In one category the downloads are ordered alphabetically instead of following the custom order.
Other categories DO respond to the manual order

I have categories:
1.1 Kick off
1.2 HRM
1.3 Strategy

in 1.1 Kick off the order is alphabetical (I circumvented this by adding numbers to the title, which is not easily sustainable)

Am I facing a know issue, or should I reproduce this (maybe it is not even reproduceable)??

Regards,
Bart.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Do you have a jD Menu Item that directly refers to cat Kick Off ?  The sort order could be set in that menu item.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Poehee

Thank you for you reply, I guess you were close.
I found out clicking around, still not easy to find (just started with Joomla, I have a hard time...)

What was it?
I had a better look at the menu item that links to the category in which the items were not ordered as expected, and it turned out things were explicitly set to alphabetical order (and also the list limit was set to 5, that also gives nasty behavior).

So for future use/reference: look in "List layouts" of the menu item (setting items back to "Use Configuration Settings" did the trick)
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thanks for update. Glad my hint helped. 
Each part of Joomla! is straightforward but there are so many parts that it can be challenging where to look. When I started with Joomla! I found menus and menu items confusing as they offer a lot of possibilities, they are like mini controllers!

As this is not an actual bug I will move this topic to another category
Colin
Colin M
  •