News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Problem with ALL file uploads

Started by spinfx, 29.08.2017 06:27:36

Previous topic - Next topic

spinfx

Hi

Whenever I try to upload a file I get the following message:

The 'Plupload' script allows you to upload files using HTML5, Gears, Silverlight, Flash, BrowserPlus or normal forms. It provides some additional features such as upload progress, image resizing and chunked uploads. NOTE not all features exist in all browsers. All settings are changeable in the configuration. See also: www.plupload.com.
Your browser doesn't have browserplus runtime support. You can change the runtime in component preferences

I have set runtime to accept all options.
I have also downloaded Plupload but don't know where to install it.

When I try via Documents I get the following error message:

An error has occurred.
500 Unknown column 'a.other_file_id' in 'field list' Unknown column 'a.featured' in 'where clause'

I am using the following:

• Google Chrome Browser Version 60.0.3112.101 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Joomla v3.7.5
  • jDownloads Version 3.2.51
  • php v5.6

I have several important time-related documents to upload that relate to our Annual General Meeting, so would appreciate your assistance.

Warmest Regards, David
  •  

ColinM

David,
Will try to help resolve.  Plupload is a Javascript API and should already be installed.
But before checking that out as you need a quickly is another way of uploading as I will note next of uploading. One way to use an FTP program such as File Zilla?  If not install Component eXtplorer.  Another way if you are able to is to use your web sites CPanel to upload.

So first go to jD Config - Monitoring tab and set field "Download directory monitoring?" to No.  Also probably worthwhile setting field Automatically Publish' to Yes.
You also need to create the relevant Categories and sub categories if needed using the jD Categories panel.

So you use one of the above methods to upload directly in the relevant Category (directory). For reference the base directory for jD is jdownloads   It is located in the Joomla root directory.  If you have a top level Category called say 'Public Downloads' then you will find a directory call 'Public Downloads in directory jdownloads, and so on for sub categories.

Once you have uploaded the files you can go to the jD Control Panel and on the right hand side select the Status tab.  There you will see a line 'Check Download area now.'  Click on that and it will create your Downloads. You can then edit to embelish them using the Downloads panel

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi David,
QuotejDownloads Version 3.2.51
Please update to the latest version 3.2.54. Try it then again.

QuoteWhen I try via Documents I get the following error message:
An error has occurred.
500 Unknown column 'a.other_file_id' in 'field list' Unknown column 'a.featured' in 'where clause'
Have you installed directly version 3.2.51 or have you use prior an older version?
When the update not solve the problem please send me login data for your phpmyadmin via PM. Then I could fix the table structure.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

About PLUpload problem:
I have it checked but can not find a problem in jDownloads self. So it must be a problem with the PLUpload script. But this is a free open source script and not developed by me. So it is not possible for me to give any support for the PLUpload script. It is not required to work with jDownloads and upload files. It is only an additional possibility.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

anthonymareno

I have a post in the general 3x section as I have the same problem as the above gentleman. I take it there is a problem with the Puploads plugin and the upload files section will not work? I suppose the workaround is the FTP method? And yes all browsers and I have the latest build. Thanks.
  •