News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Check Download area

Started by ciklon, 20.08.2017 15:47:25

Previous topic - Next topic

ciklon

Hello,
I have a few issues about running the "Check Download area now", and if there's a little help to fix this:
- Once the scan script is complete, the number of files and categories is not the same as in the Status Download Area.
- After the scan script is complete, the log under the scanning process is empty.
 - Status Download Area / Monitoring log is empty even files are added after scanning.
- If there are posted downloads with a missing associated file, they remain published after scanning and not as in version 1.9.2.11 become unpublished

Server Info:
Allowed file uploads:   Yes
Maximum allowed file size (max_filesize):   512M
Maximum allowed POST size: (post_max_size):   512M
Memory limit (memory_limit):   512M
Maximum input time for uploads (max_input_time) in seconds:   5000
Maximum execution time of scripts (max_execution_time) in seconds:   15000

SQL: 10.1.23-MariaDB-9
PHP: 7.0.19-1

Best Regards

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Have looked at some of your queries.
Quote- Once the scan script is complete, the number of files and categories is not the same as in the Status Download Area.
Not seen that before, will investigate further.
Quote- After the scan script is complete, the log under the scanning process is empty.
The log only shows the changes and no changes were made so that is the correct action.
Quote- Status Download Area / Monitoring log is empty even files are added after scanning.
Will check out
QuoteIf there are posted downloads with a missing associated file, they remain published after scanning and not as in version 1.9.2.11 become unpublished
Think you have the Config - Monitoring tab field  "Automatically publish Downloads?" set to Yes.  This also publishes Categories (directories).  A valid Download does not need a file.  But I am not sure I understand exactly what you are saying here.  Are you saying that the manually initiated monitoring created a Download when there was no file?
Colin

Colin M
  •  

ciklon

Hi

QuoteThink you have the Config - Monitoring tab field  "Automatically publish Downloads?" set to Yes.  This also publishes Categories (directories).  A valid Download does not need a file.  But I am not sure I understand exactly what you are saying here.  Are you saying that the manually initiated monitoring created a Download when there was no file?

"Automatically publish downloads" has always been set to Yes.

With version 1.9.2.11 was as follows (It was good when I needed to restore the files after defecting the hard drive (used only for files) and I did not have a full backup of them.):
If the "Currently assigned File" in any download for some reason is missing from the server, after use "Check Download area now.", then  jDownloads unpublish this download.

I'm sorry for my poor English
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I now understand. :)
Excluding remotely located files, the monitoring action if a file (or directory) is physically not on the webserver then the Download (or Category) is automatically unpublished.
I will check this out on my test system.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

ciklon

Yes, Download (for a category I'm not sure) is automatically unpublished, but after scan (after use "Check Download area now.")
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have run some checks and all seems well - see attached.  So have not yet reproduced problem.

Have you used the Batch system to move/copy some Downloads or Categories? If yes was that before or after the migration from 1.9.2 to 3.2 series?
Colin

Colin M
  •  

ciklon

Hi Colin,
Before the migration I used the Batch system, but until last there was no problem with scanning. After migrating to v3.2 . I used Batch system pretty much because some folders with the files in them had changed their location. Also i had to fix the access rights of all files and folders because everything was public.
  •  

ciklon

Quote- Once the scan script is complete, the number of files and categories is not the same as in the Status Download Area.

Solved:
- There were identical file and folder names, but with different upper and lower case letters.

Quote- After the scan script is complete, the log under the scanning process is empty.

Scanning experience with "Error Reporting - Maximum"

Solved:
- Change the limits in /administrator/components/com_jdownloads/helpers/scan.php

function remove_server_limits() {
    if (!ini_get('safe_mode')) {
            @set_time_limit(0);
            @ini_set('memory_limit', '256M');
            @ini_set('post_max_size', '256M');
            @ini_set('max_execution_time', 0);
            return true;
    }

Changed to:
function remove_server_limits() {
    if (!ini_get('safe_mode')) {
            @set_time_limit(0);
            @ini_set('memory_limit', '512M');
            @ini_set('post_max_size', '512M');
            @ini_set('max_execution_time', 0);
            return true;
    }

Result  :):
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Looks good

With the name duplication can you tell me what are your settings in the File & Folders tab in Config please

• Create the directory name for a category automatically?
  • Use UTF-8
  • Use Transliteration
  • Replace spaces with underscores in names
  • Change names to lowercase?
  • Remove/Change special characters in name
  • Use above Settings also for Auto Monitoring
Had not thought to increase the PHP limits at that juncture.  Have told Arno.
Thanks

Colin
Colin M
  •  

ciklon

Hi Colin,
Most likely folder and file duplication has occurred when uploading via ftp. See attached screenshots for my jDownloads "files and folders" configuration.

•  

Arno

Quote from: ciklon on 26.10.2017 20:36:19
Solved:
- There were identical file and folder names, but with different upper and lower case letters.

Scanning experience with "Error Reporting - Maximum"

The problem is that by default MySQL queries are not case-sensitive.
Maybe I should try to change this part. I will see what I can do.

Quote@ini_set('memory_limit', '512M');
The values are set higher now.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

I have now tried many things here but it was not possible for me to fix this problem basicly and comprehensive. So it is still not possible to use on a Linux or Unix server two folder or file names with the same name but different spelling (upper and lower case). Normally should this be not really a problem because why should a user want to do this.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ciklon

Hi,
This problem occurs again after reaching 30177 files (1996 folders). I had to raise the limits in scan.php and in the PHP settings on the server for the scanning to work properly.

I have one suggestion: In future versions of the component
- scan.php for error report does not use error.php on the site because if the error.php page is changed and does not contain:

<blockquote>
<span class="label label-inverse"><?php echo $this->error->getCode(); ?></span> <?php echo htmlspecialchars($this->error->getMessage(), ENT_QUOTES'UTF-8');?>
<?php if ($this->debug) : ?>
<br/><?php echo htmlspecialchars($this->error->getFile(), ENT_QUOTES'UTF-8');?>:<?php echo $this->error->getLine(); ?>
<?php endif; ?>
</blockquote>

?fter scanning there is no report if there are any errors.

The error.php page without this code can be downloaded here.

Best Regards
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thanks for the input. I have copied to Arno.
Colin
Colin M
  •