News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Single download page for two or three files

Started by moowah, 16.08.2017 06:55:53

Previous topic - Next topic

moowah

Dear all,

Is there any way to create one download for 3 files at the same time? For example, I have a report with 3 language version (English, Japanese and China language). I want to create only one download and when the user click on it, I want them to see 3 different download button or link for English, Japanese and Chinese language. But I cannot find a way to do it.

For now all I can do is create download for each of these 3 reports while they are the same report but only different in language. I know that we can do one download for multiple file but it will force the visitors to download all the files because it will be zipped. I don't want all the 3 reports to be zipped together. What I want it one download page with 3 different links to each of these report. Something similar to the screenshot that I attached.

If you have any idea, please help! Thanks!

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

Arno

Hi,
this is exactly so not possible. But you could create a new download and add in the Download description the Downloads for the other two languages via jD content plugin. But also in this case need you three Downloads.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

moowah

I see. To create three downloads for the same file is kind of not good for me as the visitors will see repeating description three times on the same page. I think I will just put all of them into a zip file to reduce work :). Thanks!
  •  

Arno

You could also create a category like 'Reports' and create for every language a Download in it. That would also be easier to manage updates.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

moowah

I see. Thank you very much for your suggestion! I will look into it :).
  •