News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Redirect after download?

Started by tier777, 03.08.2017 14:52:01

Previous topic - Next topic

tier777

Hi!

I recently stumbled across the "Redirect after downloading" option in the JD frontend configuration. How does this work though? Specifically: how/where do I specify where the user should be redirected? Changing the option from 0 to 1 second had no effect at all...
I do have the "Send downloads over PHP..." option enabled.

Currently using: Joomla 3.7.2, jDownloads 3.2.52

Cheers,

Oliver
  •  

Arno

I think that 1 second is to short. Please try it with three or five seconds.
It is not possible (currently) to select self a special url for the redirect. So the redirect send the user back to the last opened category. It does also only works with files which will not be viewed in a new browser window.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

kauusil

hi sory i m new from here,,,

may i know how about rediect to another page for example to thankyou page or else
  •  

Arno

Quote from: kauusil on 20.09.2017 08:25:36
may i know how about rediect to another page for example to thankyou page or else
Sorry but it exist for this in the moment not any option. Maybe in the coming 3.7 version.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

kauusil

hi Arno
thanx for quick reply,,, i wil wait that feature.....  ;)
  •